Auto selectable view does not get applied always for This PC system folder

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Auto selectable view does not get applied always for This PC system folder

#1 Post by Forez » 04.01.2024, 11:02

Coming out from this solution https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtop ... 653#p42336 I now have a Column Profile for my This PC root system folder. And thanks to option

Column profiles > Profile settings... > Auto selectable views > Switch view mode automatically on folder change

being selected it gets applied to whenever I navigate to it - but unfortunately with three exceptions:

A] If I am in system folder Desktop and use Left Mouse Button or Enter to go to the This PC, then my Column Profile for it gets ignored

B] If I am in This PC with this Column Profile of mine applied but navigate to e.g. volume C and then press Backward Mouse Button or Backspace, then the Tab displays once again This PC, but without Column Profile being applied

C] If I open a new Tab [like when using the CTRL + G keyboard shortcut] and the paste in the

Code: Select all

::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
[like when using the Shift + Alt + G shortcut] then what I see is the This PC but also without that Column Profile being applied

In every of these cases refreshing of This PC does not make it apply its Column Profile - but navigating to e.g. volume D and then back but using Left Mouse Button or key Enter on the root folder indication

Code: Select all

does make my Column Profile to enact its presence

I am using FreeCommander XE 2023 Build 900 64-bit Donor Portable & Build 880 32-bit Public Installed on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 x64

Forez

Re: Auto selectable view does not get applied always for This PC system folder

#2 Post by Forez » 06.04.2024, 12:01

It seems that variant A of this issue have been fixed somewhere between build 900 and 905 - but variant B and C are still occurring as they were