Tree View can't stay collapsed

Bugs and issues.
FreeUser

Tree View can't stay collapsed

#1 Post by FreeUser » 14.11.2023, 15:18

Hello and thanks for making the outstanding FreeCommander. I'm running FreeCommander XE 2023 Build 880 32-bit public and it's a great piece of software!

But it has the following bug:

The Tree View can't stay collapsed, no matter which combination of settings I choose. It always follows the path, e.g. when I click a favorite item. But that's redundant, because the path is shown anyway on top of the tab. The Tree view should, on the other hand, stay tidy and collapsed, just like we're used to from the Windows File Explorer.

This way, I always have to use the Collapse all nodes in the tree view-button, which really sucks in the long term.

I think it's a bug because e.g. the setting Make selected node automatically visible (yes/no) suggests this behaviour can be toggled off, but it has no effect. But we can also call it a feature request if you prefer.

Just fix it, please. Tree view should be a tidy (collapsed) starting point for our data quests. Always, at least if we choose so in the settings.

Karol

Re: Tree View can't stay collapsed

#2 Post by Karol » 14.11.2023, 15:30

================================================================================
Important changes and bug fixes in the release 898
================================================================================

- Bug fix: Quick starter items with assigned color can not be started/opened
- Bug fix: Using of the "favorite folder open" changes the tree when the setting FollowExternalAddressChanges is not set
- Bug fix: Open focused folder in other pane - does not work if parent folder (..) is focused
- Bug fix: Qucik starter - tooltip of the quick filter field is cut
- Bug fix: Secondary shortcut is active if focus is in Quick Filter field

FreeUser

#3 Post by FreeUser » 17.11.2023, 11:05

Ok, so this bug has already been resolved?

Do we then still additionally have to change any settings to keep the tree collapsed, like e.g. the setting Make selected node automatically visible (yes/no)? Or is collapsed now the default option?

And how and when do we get that release 898?

Thank you

horst.epp

#4 Post by horst.epp » 17.11.2023, 13:47

FreeUser wrote: 17.11.2023, 11:05 Ok, so this bug has already been resolved?
And how and when do we get that release 898?

Thank you
You can have it already, getting a Donor by spending some money.
If you don't want this, wait for a new free public release, which may take some time.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
Everything Version 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
FreeCommander XE 2024 Build 906 64-bit donor