Copy & Move operations in Viewer mode

Suggestions and feature requests.
SgtSchultz

Copy & Move operations in Viewer mode

#1 Post by SgtSchultz » 07.05.2023, 05:06

This request is in regards to the "View" mode, as activated from File/View or [F3] key

I would like to be able to use the View mode to assist in evaluating and organizing various media files (Photos/images, videos, PDFs, plain text files, etc.) but its usefulness for the organizing part of that is limited in the sense that I have to switch back to the main interface any time I want to copy or move a particular file. The View mode does offer delete and rename operations, and I make use of these frequently. Unfortunately, it does not offer a Move or Copy function.

What I'd like to have are the same Copy/Quick Copy/Move/Quick Move operations in the View mode that are available from the main interface: File/Copy with dialog [F5], File/Copy [Shift-F5], File/Move with dialog [F6] and File/Move [Shift-F6].

I would suggest that the rules used for deciding where files should be copied/moved when using the non-prompted operations be more or less the same as they are when these operations are done from the main interface. Alternatively, the prompted (...with dialog) operations could be activated on the first use of the (unprompted) Copy/Move in viewer mode, with subsequent use of (quick) Copy/Move using the location specified in the last Copy/Move with dialog operation.