Reset state option

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Reset state option

#1 Post by Dreamer » 09.04.2023, 15:31

Existing option "Reset view" I requested is useful, to disable options - only selected, quick filter and plain view, so we don't have to disable these options individually, it saves few clicks.

However, in some cases, after some actions I have to "reset" multiple tabs, disable plain view, quick filter, reset locked paths for all tab, close additional not-locked tabs and it's lot of clicking.

I suggest the option "Reset state" or "Default state", which would perform these actions:
- close all opened FC windows like viewer, search, multi rename, etc.
- close all not locked tabs in both panels
- reset path for all tabs to locked path
- reset view based on the Automatic views
- reset active position to [..] item (or first item if [..] is disabled) for all tabs, in both panels
- disable the options - only selected, quick filter and plain view for all tabs in both panels
- clear quick viewer filter field for all tabs, in both panels
- unselect any selections in all tabs, in both panels
- switch view to first tab for both panels and focus left panel

This option should be accessible with the toolbar button, keyboard shortcut and in the main menu.

It could save 10, 20 or even more clicks, especially after some operations.

It could be partly similar to program restart, some operations could be performed with the FC restart, like closing not locked tabs, reset paths.

EDIT:

One of the reasons for this option is the situation / issue, that I have a path A in tab 1 with thousands of files, I go to subfolder B with just few subfolders and few files, I use plain view for this subfolder, switch to tab 2, exit FC, re-start FC, switch to tab 1 - now the plain view is still enabled, but the path is changed to locked path A with thousands of files, so it starts with loading thumbnails and metadata information.

Forez

Re: Reset state option

#2 Post by Forez » 09.04.2023, 15:39

Such one click über clean-up would indeed be a profound time and click saver and would be a logical addition / expansion to the already existing option of Close all tabs in both panels