How to change column header color ?

Discussion and questions - donor version.
etc.

How to change column header color ?

#1 Post by etc. » 18.11.2022, 14:54

I don't want to disabling header colors, but want to change them.
Unfortunately, my column header background color is light green and hover background color is dark gray. These are not looking good.

Where can I change these column header background color, hover background color and text color.
In other words, which setting is used for them ?

Thank you for your time.

Free4all

Re: How to change column header color ?

#2 Post by Free4all » 19.11.2022, 22:31

I have a similar issue. The column headers are now (v878 donor) invisible (black on black), so I would like to change their colors to something I prefer.

Also, in v878 the column separators changed to a hue of bright magenta. I would like to learn how to change their colors to something more palatable.

As with the OP, I don't want to disable header colors, I would like to change them.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 19.11.2022, 23:56

Which color scheme are you using? I tested with most existing colors schemes from this site:

Color Schemes - Files - FreeCommander Forum

It looks good with all tested color schemes.

Workaround is already in the changelog:
Marek wrote: 17.11.2022, 22:04================================================================================
Important changes and bug fixes in the release 877
================================================================================
Implemented: Column headers are now colored if any color scheme is active; For disabling colors define FileListColoredColumnHeader=0 in the freecommander.ini file
Another workaround:
Marek wrote: 18.06.2022, 22:30- Implemented: New action added "Show/hide column headers" Shift+Ctrl+H

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 20.11.2022, 00:17

OK, I found it!

Column header font color = Main menu - View - View style - Gradient - custom - Define - Menu - Font - Active item

Column header background color = Main menu - View - View style - Gradient - custom - Define - Menu - Gradient start - Background color

Column header separator lines color = Main menu - View - View style - Gradient - custom - Define - Menu - Border - Line

Change these colors and restart FC, then the column headers would be the same as in the main menu.