Selecting and sending of files glitches

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Selecting and sending of files glitches

#1 Post by Forez » 08.09.2020, 13:14

After updating a few months ago from an old version to Build 810a 32-bit public I started experiencing glitches relating apparently to selection of files. So far I encountered two of them

1] When in a Plain View Mode [available with CTRL + B] I select all of files and then send them to the Multirename Window [by using CTRL + M], the widow is opened with all that files plus with folders which are located in that folder. So despite of not seeing them and not selecting them, the folders somehow are selected along with files and sent to Multirename [the sub-folders from within those folders are not loaded]. Aso if I do not spot occurring of that bug, I simply mess up names of my folders [as I do not expect them to by loaded to Multirename Window and I am under impressions of using renaming command on files only]

This does not happen always so I do not know what exactly triggers this

2] When filtering with Quick Filter I am able to select all of the files [leaving folders out] and drag them to a third party software- but then nothing happens; that is when it is 20 or more files. So if I select only 19 and drag them then I can successfully drop them to a software

That third party software is uTorrent 3.4.7 Beta Build 42300, the files are .TORRENT

My system is Windows 10 Enterprise x64 18362.535
Last edited by Forez on 19.08.2021, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Forez

Re: Selecting and sending of files glitches

#2 Post by Forez » 10.12.2020, 19:49

Forez wrote: 08.09.2020, 13:14 [...]
1] When in a Plain View Mode [available with CTRL + B] I select all of files and then send them to the Multirename Window [by using CTRL + M], the widow is opened with all that files plus with folders which are located in that folder.
[...]
It seems that this entanglement bug cannot be broken by closing and reopening of FreeCommander- the same selection will load to the Multi Rename window that selection plus all of the remaining items in that folder thus making an extended / incorrect list in the Multi Rename window

To break such entanglement I have to navigate further down in that effected folder to some sub-folder and the get back up to the original one- then the selection & sending process of the very same files will be performed as I wish [i.e. in a correct way]. And what is interesting, navigating from the original [culprit] folder to some higher one does not seem to work in the same way, i.e. it does not fix the FC

Maybe I should save my settings when this is happening - so that they can be imported by someone else? But another user would also have to recreate the structure of that chain of folders on hers / his drive with whatever files in them, right?

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 21.06.2021, 16:40

I have observed that when this happens it only affects one of the two Panels

And if the location opened in the unaffected panel is copied to that other panel suffering from this bug at that time, then the problem disappears in that previously faulty panel- the multi rename window fixes itself by a simple trick of coping path to it from the other panel

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 24.04.2023, 22:14

It seems that afer switching from using version 880 32-bit Installed to 887 64-bit Donor Portable this bug is no longer

Thus I will report probably report in some distant future, if it has stopped occurring for good