wrong startup directory when using context menu

Bugs and issues.
matejcx

wrong startup directory when using context menu

#1 Post by matejcx » 12.11.2007, 12:24

If you right click on any file in the list and choose some command from context menu (e.g. open), this command is run not in current directory but in startup direcotry of Free Commander, what is wrong.

I'm using WinXP and FreeComander 2007.10.

HOW TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create file test.cmd with following content:
@echo off
cd
pause

2. Browse to it in FreeCommander and run it by pressing Enter on it - CD command shows current directory, what is correct.

3. Now run it by right-clicking on it and choosing Open from context menu - CD command shows startup directory of FreeCommander instead of current directory, what is wrong!

IMPACT OF THE BUG:

Serious, many context menu commands for different file types does not work correctly. When used from Windows Explorer, they work OK.

Marek
Author
Author

#2 Post by Marek » 13.11.2007, 22:21

I have fixed the problem in the current beta, but can you write what worked not correctly?

matejcx

#3 Post by matejcx » 14.11.2007, 07:52

For example, OpenVPN
http:// openvpn.se /download.html

I'm using OpenVPN-GUI, after instalation it adds "Start OpenVPN on this config file" to the context menu for *.ovpn files. This feature does not work in FreeCommander, since it needs to access also other files placed in the same directory as the config file.

Another example is conversion program I'm using to convert .stm files to .txt files (.stm is special format which uses my bank for sending account reports). When I run it on .stm file using context menu I expect that the result .txt will be created in same directory and not in the directory of FreeCommnader.

Generally, I believe that there are many programs which use their startup directory somehow and all of these are affected. Sometimes it may be major problem and sometimes only minor, of course.

So thank you for correcting this problem and for developing FreeCommander at all!