Command-Line Arguments

Discussion, questions and support.
ricovox

Command-Line Arguments

#1 Post by ricovox » 24.06.2009, 21:51

I have not found ANY information about the command-line parameters (aka command-line arguments) in the help file document or here on the Forum.
So I decided to make this post to help anyone out who is looking for it.

(I appologize in advance if this already exists on the forum. I could not find it by searching for command-line parameters/arguments)

**THIS LIST MAY BE INCOMPLETE***
This is an unofficial list that I have obtained by looking though the version history. PLEASE, if someone can point me to a better, complete list, I would appreciate it very much.

Here's what I have found:
  • * /NewIni= Starts FC with a different INI file instead of freecommander.ini. A new file will always be created. If defined file exists, it will be deleted first.

* /Ini= Starts FC with a different INI file instead of freecommander.ini. A new file will be created if the defined file does not exist.

* /NoPlugins Starts FC with disabled plugins

* /Lng= Starts FC with a different language file instead of that defined in config file

* /N Starts FC as new instance in any case

*/C Starts FC and passes the command line parameters to the already running instance

* /Z For usage with /C parameter - interprets the passed paths as source/target instead of left/right.

/L="path" Open in folder 1 (left pane)
    /R="path" Open in folder 2 (right pane)

/i=name.ini OR /i=CSIDL_APPDATA (not sure what this is. probably to specify an ini file. is it the same as /ini ? I don't know!)
(same as above, but apparently you can use - or / )
  • -L=Folder1
    -R=Folder2
    -i=name.ini
Last edited by ricovox on 24.06.2009, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

ricovox

Add Tab for new Folder on Launch

#2 Post by ricovox » 24.06.2009, 21:55

I would REALLY REALLY like the following functionality, but I cannot seem to find it.

When I launch FC from the command line and specify a folder to open, I would like it to:

1) Create a new TAB for the folder if the folder is not already open in FC
2) Activate the TAB for the folder if it is ALREADY open in FC

Right now I cannot seem to get this to work. I can either open a new instance of FC with /N or I can open the folder in the existing instance with /C, but when I do that, the new folder REPLACES the one that is currently open in whichever pane I specify. I want to add a NEW tab, NOT replace the existing one.

Is this possible? What should the command-line look like?
THANKS for any help you can provide.!!

ralfso

Re: Command-Line Arguments

#3 Post by ralfso » 24.06.2009, 22:10

ricovox wrote:I have not found ANY information about the command-line parameters
This parameters are listed in freecommander FAQ: http://www.freecommander.com/fc_faq_en.htm

But it's good to find it now here in the FC-forum.
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545

ace105

#4 Post by ace105 » 09.02.2011, 21:21

It is good to know this! ifound from google search this page

but I use layouts to save tabs and panes and tree et. al. Can layout be caused from arguments??

BGM

#5 Post by BGM » 10.02.2011, 15:55

Hello! Well, I don't know about commandline arguments, but I successfully augment my FC using powerpro. I can do just about anything with FC using powerpro, and have written a special powerpro script full of functions. If you are interested, I can direct you.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

catweazle9

#6 Post by catweazle9 » 10.03.2011, 11:28

+1 for the feature request by ricovox above for a new option to open a folder (from cmd line) in a new tab.
I was just trying to do this today - it would be very useful.

John.

MilesAhead

#7 Post by MilesAhead » 31.07.2011, 00:16

ace105 wrote:It is good to know this! ifound from google search this page

but I use layouts to save tabs and panes and tree et. al. Can layout be caused from arguments??
I also use layouts. At the moment I'm using an AutoIt3 program to launch FreeCommander, wait for it to open, then send the Alt-1 key to use the top layout in the list. It would be nice if there was a command line switch such as /Layout=n

Then I'd only have to make a shortcut with the switch. :)
"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"