New Folder creation expansion by creating a trickle down / tree of sub-folders from pasted in path

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

New Folder creation expansion by creating a trickle down / tree of sub-folders from pasted in path

#1 Post by Forez » 22.10.2023, 19:18

I would like to propose adding a feature of user being able to paste in e.g. this

Code: Select all

main folder\sub-folder\a_deeper_subfolder\
or this

Code: Select all

C:\main folder\sub-folder\a_deeper_subfolder
in box of the pop-up window that is used for creation of a new folder - in order to swiftly create such a_deeper_subfolder folder in the sub-folder which will be located in main folder on the current volume in the first case and on specifically the C volume in case when the second version would be pasted in. [Although in that second case there could be a pop-up question asking user if those folders should be created on C volume in root folder or in current location]

Implementing of such feature would make it very convenient to e.g. perform tests when some user on whatever forum is providing some script along with a path it utilizes on a given operating system, so that another user would not have to recreate that path by adding all those sub-folders by hand

Forez

Re: New Folder creation expansion by creating a trickle down / tree of sub-folders from pasted in path

#2 Post by Forez » 09.01.2024, 08:15

In other words, what I propose it:

make it possible to paste in during creation of new folder a copied path consisting of multiple levels / sub-folders, so that the whole structure of them will be recreated in new location

Timon

Re: New Folder creation expansion by creating a trickle down / tree of sub-folders from pasted in path

#3 Post by Timon » 09.01.2024, 14:47

I can create "main folder\sub-folder\a_deeper_subfolder\" in box of the pop-up window that is used for creation of a new folder in FC XE 900 without any problems. As far as I remember, this has always existed.

But if I try to create "C:\main folder\sub-folder\a_deeper_subfolder" - in my current folder subfolder is created "C_\main folder\sub-folder\a_deeper_subfolder\"

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 13.01.2024, 13:42

It seems that either I am that stupid that I took all that time and effort into writing down a description of a feature before checking out if it already happens to exists - or at the time of testing it I experienced some kind of a bug, which blocked creation of chain of folders

As for you the issue reported by you - I think it might be the fault of using the 32 bit version: I just copied a C:\ path from the Address Bar and got clean C as the first folder out of it - but after closing my 900 x64 portable version and opening of 880 x32 installed one what I got [using the same data from the Clipboard of Windows] was unclean C_ as the initial folder

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 06.04.2024, 14:28

And now [in build 905] this feaure has some bug: https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13798