Use Only One Field in the window of Rename feature needs to be moved [SOLVED]

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Use Only One Field in the window of Rename feature needs to be moved [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Forez » 19.08.2023, 15:12

The check-box for using only one field for combined name and extension of name of file is adjacent to the field of New Name itself - thus I sometimes inadvertently click it when aiming for that field. And at the same time there is an empty line between the non-editable field with Original Name and that New Name title - that check box could be thus moved there

Alternatively Use Only One Field option could be moved the line where OK and Cancel buttons are, to its left edge. Or to the left side of newly created line situated above those buttons and below field with extension
Last edited by Forez on 28.12.2023, 09:20, edited 2 times in total.

Forez

Re: Use Only One Field in the window of Rename feature needs to be moved

#2 Post by Forez » 20.08.2023, 14:54

Forez wrote: 19.08.2023, 15:12 [...]
I sometimes inadvertently click it when aiming for that field
[...]
This issue is due to the check box extended susceptibility to clicks all the way to the right edge of the window - thus this check-box is not merely a box but a whole check-line

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 22.10.2023, 17:59

Forez wrote: 20.08.2023, 14:54 this check-box is not merely a box but a whole check-line
Can we have this fixed, please?

This is very annoying for me as it happens to me all the time; i.e. I inadvertently switch between the modes

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 21.12.2023, 07:28

This has been fixed now [somewhere between build 896 and 900], by both moving the check box below the New extension box and making only the checkbox itself being susceptible to left clicks; so thank you

Although it now seems to be a drag to have to move mouse pointer all the way to the left bottom corner of this window- at least as long as user [like me] deals with a lot of very long filenames and has many of them with a dot signs somewhere in a middle of them. So maybe the checkbox could be doubled i.e. be in those two places: at the left bottom and also at its original place [which was on the right side of the New name description]?