File container improvements

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

File container improvements

#1 Post by Dreamer » 16.06.2023, 18:05

File containers are very useful for various purposes, they could be even better though.

Few suggestions for improvements:

1) Allow drag&drop item to file container favorite tools item, same as for file container tab.

2) Don't change the focus to file container tab after drag&drop item to file container, perhaps as option, currently I have to switch to previous tab every time.

3) Allow move item from one file container to another one, with drag&drop (perhaps with Shift, or by option), and Ctrl+X, currently the items are copied always, move works good with F6

4) Add various built-in file container icons with different colors, or/and symbols/overlay, perhaps even allow to use these icons also for the specific file container file in the file list (currently the same icon as fc exe file is used)

5) Option to use custom colors from "Tab properties - Color" options also in the file list. Just one option in settings, no need to add other options, all would be taken from existing dialog.

Custom icons and colors for any file container is already possible, with the options from #4 and #5 the same colors could be use for everything - file container file icon, tab icon, favorite tools icon, file list. #4 is not so important, since the colors could be changed for file container tab.

6) "Add new items at the end of the list" also for the file container

7) Do not show confirmation dialog for delete in file container

Forez

Re: File container improvements

#2 Post by Forez » 20.06.2023, 10:55

I agree with all of this [and have my own multiple observation: https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13449]; except:
Dreamer wrote: 16.06.2023, 18:05 [...]
1) Allow drag&drop item to file container favorite tools item, same as for file container tab.
Do what and where?

Please elaborate

Dreamer wrote: 16.06.2023, 18:05 [...]
4) Add various built-in file container icons with different colors, or/and symbols/overlay, perhaps even allow to use these icons also for the specific file container file in the file list (currently the same icon as fc exe file is used)
You already can set an icon for Tab that happens to be a File Container

But you want also to see it for a given FCC file?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 20.06.2023, 18:06

1) It is possible to add file container file to favorite tools - toolbar, as item, but currently it's impossible to drag&drop file or folder to copy it to that file container. It is possible to do it with drag&drop to tab caption, item is copied to that file container.

Allow drag&drop item to file container favorite tools item, same as for file container tab.

4) Yes, but I mean built-in icons, so these could be used for .fcc file and also for the tab, but this is not so important.

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 21.06.2023, 15:37

Dreamer wrote: 20.06.2023, 18:06 1)
[...]
Allow drag&drop item to file container favorite tools item, same as for file container tab.
[...]
I reckon that his would require first making it possible to drag and drop to an Item on Favorite Toolbar which is just a simple shortcut to ordinary folder - both of which new potential abilities I look forward to being implemented

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 05.08.2023, 16:57

2) Don't change the focus to file container tab after drag&drop item to file container, perhaps as option, currently I have to switch to previous tab every time.

7) Do not show confirmation dialog for delete in file container
#1 and #2 implemented.

#7 Implemented as ini option.

Thanks, Marek.