Stop font of Folder Path becoming bold when using Filter [RESOLVED]

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
Forez

Stop font of Folder Path becoming bold when using Filter [RESOLVED]

#1 Post by Forez » 15.06.2018, 15:02

Under the ALT + Y keyboard shortcut there is available this window for setting of filter

Unfortunately when it is used, the signs in Folder Path become Bold. And apparently, right now there is no way of defining this- yes, the user can change the color under the

Tools > Settings > View > Address Bar > Color / Font > Folder Path Filtered - Active Panel
Tools > Settings > View > Address Bar > Color / Font > Folder Path Filtered - Inactive Panel

but not the font itself [as it is controlled by the overall setting for the Folder Path]

I understand that the reason behind bold-ing of the font when using Filter is [most likely] to make it clear to the user that a different mode of view is being used- but is not this a task of the [definable] color? Within my own Color Scheme [that I am constantly step by step working on] this is a huge problem; really. Because a long time ago I settled on a motion, that I will use red [later adjusted to dark red] for indicating filter related modes- for the purpose of [you guested it] warning me clearly, that I am using some kind of filter; so to not make some kind of wrong assumption thus generating errors from my following actions. But what becomes now with my Folder Path after executing ALT + Y option? The path is hardly readable- because I use grey and dark grey color in there. I tried using different kinds of red [even thought I do not intend to have in my Custom Colors more than one shade of red and I want to have in my FC all of the colors used throughout my Color Scheme], but the result was always the same- the path was hard to read. And I have checked some other colors- and as it comes out [you guessed it] something like white, black or gold makes a good contrast there [the bolder Path suddenly becomes readable without a problem]. But I do not want other color that dark red, as I want to retain consistency in my Color Schema of meaning of special / rare color [as I also use that white, black and gold for other purposes / meanings]. And yes- I have checked, if without Bold applied to it, my font will be readable in dark red; it will, maybe not as much as I would want, but way more than when being Bold

So please, pleaaase, for Folder Path Filtered either:
A] make the user control the Bold factor; or
B] get rid of the Bold effect and leave the Regular font as the default [and only] one; or
C] automatically use the settings of ordinary Folder Path font [that currently is controlled fully by the user]

Any of those three solution will make my display related problem go away

And in relation to that ALT + Y window: how do I clear the list for the box "Show only the following files"?
Last edited by Forez on 11.04.2023, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Forez

Re: Stop font of Folder Path becoming bold when using Filter

#2 Post by Forez » 11.04.2023, 20:31

The issue of automatically changing font of path from normal to bold has been apparently taken care of with some update

Case closed