Toggle current view and thumbnail view don't work properly

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
cadudesun

Toggle current view and thumbnail view don't work properly

#1 Post by cadudesun » 28.10.2016, 19:06

Hi,

Please, see this screencast for more detail on the issue: https://goo.gl/wRb4bu

Starting with the view "details", I've changed it to "Thumbnails" by clicking the respective toggle button.
From the new "Thumbnails" view, I click again the toggle button and the "details" view is restored.
However, if I navigate to other folders when in Thumbnails view, the "details" view isn't restored, but the "list" view is restored.
It sounds that the toggle views should involve and stick just between Details and Thumbnails view.

If you need further info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Carlos

NumberOne

Re: Toggle current view and thumbnail view don't work proper

#2 Post by NumberOne » 03.11.2016, 00:34

congrats you found a bug. or to put it other words, it works as designed. :lol:
for some reason, i dunno understand exactly why, maybe to please the shortcut affectionados? :wink:
thumbnails have been implemented as a toggle, press ctrl+i to see what i mean.

well, this toggle apparently only works correctly? if you use the shortcut,
and maybe sometimes? under certain circumstances, this adventurous design leads to an abnormal? behavior
as described in your podcast.

first me thinks, if this is a true toggle why is only working when using the shortcut and not when pressing the thumb button
and second if a toggle is such a brilliant idea, me wonders why I haven't seen it adopted yet so far in other surrogate applications?

Zorkoff

#3 Post by Zorkoff » 03.11.2016, 15:14

I agree with Carlos (cadudesun).

I have the Toggle Thumbnails icon in my toolbar and use it frequently with folders with icons or pictures to more easily select one.

I too have noticed that when I switch folders while in Thumbnail mode, the next time I click on the Toggle Thumbnail icon The display does NOT RETURN TO THE VIEW I STARTED WITH. Toggle means back and forth and should not switch to List View if starting from Details View.

This is a confirmed bug.

alf5000

#4 Post by alf5000 » 13.11.2016, 19:01

Zorkoff wrote:I too have noticed that when I switch folders while in Thumbnail mode, the next time I click on the Toggle Thumbnail icon The display does NOT RETURN TO THE VIEW I STARTED WITH. Toggle means back and forth and should not switch to List View if starting from Details View.
This is a confirmed bug.
I can confirm that (undesired) behavior.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)