Status bar fields - incorrect folder count on selection

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
ghysler

Status bar fields - incorrect folder count on selection

#1 Post by ghysler » 22.03.2015, 14:42

I think a screenshot says it all :wink: See attachment.

Status bar shows 7 of 6 folders currently selected, while there are currently 3 folders of a total of only 6 folders selected. It also happens in single selection mode, then it shows 5 of 6 folders selected.
File selection count does work properly.

Also, when I deselect all items (click in empty space), the folder/file count in the status bar is not updated. It will still show the previous number of selected items. Is this normal behavior?
Attachments
status bar folder count misbehavior
status bar folder count misbehavior

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Status bar fields - incorrect folder count on selection

#2 Post by Marek » 22.03.2015, 22:06

Status bar shows 7 of 6 folders currently selected, while there are currently 3 folders of a total of only 6 folders selected. It also happens in single selection mode, then it shows 5 of 6 folders selected.
Confirmed.
Also, when I deselect all items (click in empty space), the folder/file count in the status bar is not updated. It will still show the previous number of selected items. Is this normal behavior?
I can not confirmed. More info?

ghysler

#3 Post by ghysler » 23.03.2015, 15:14

Marek wrote: I can not confirmed. More info?
Let me try to explain:

If I click on one file in the list, it will change to selected state (default blue color) and update the status bar with "1/8 files selected" => OK

Next, I click on the empty space below the file list, and all files are deselected (blue selection color is gone), but the status bar will keep showing "1/8 files selected". I notice that the blue selection color is gone, but one of the files will still be surrounded by the little dots. So perhaps this is normal behavior. It only shows "0/8 files selected" upon entering the folder or single clicking the ".." item on the top of the file list.

EDIT: it seems the little dots do indeed indicate the selection of an item. So one item always remains selected after clicking in the empty space below the file list. Is there an option to change this?
See screenshots.

Does confirmed mean it will be fixed in a future release?
Attachments
filesdeselected.PNG
filesdeselected.PNG (3.12 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
filesselected.PNG
filesselected.PNG (3.11 KiB) Viewed 3647 times

alf5000

#4 Post by alf5000 » 23.03.2015, 17:46

Confirmed by Marek usually means a fix in an upcoming release.

You also might like to watch this viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6473&p=20643&hilit=status#p20643.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

ghysler

#5 Post by ghysler » 25.03.2015, 16:29

Thanks for the link, alf5000.
I would like to vote for implementing this, as stated by Free4all.
It's probably best to treat a focused-but-not-selected item as unselected, like in Windows Explorer.