Renaming Files Behaviour

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Uhuru NUru

Renaming Files Behaviour

#1 Post by Uhuru NUru » 30.12.2013, 18:48

When using Renaming Files function if you do not change the name (Copy all or part for example) pressing OK produces
The source and destination file names are the same.
with Cancel button only and presseing this or Exit brings up
The operation was cancelled by the user.
Window. This is not usual behaviour for renaming it is usually produced with naming of new file or folder only.

That's the error

This also brings up a improvement to the two folders with same name function now used in Windows 7, which asks the user if new folder should be merged with folder of same name. This is very useful especially when moving folders as this is often the users intent and much easier than moving contents.
As the merge function exists in Windows 7, using it should be no problem and would improve the functionality of Free Commander

Was going to put this in my Signature as always useful for bug reports to know hardware used but my UCP not allowing me to make sig (Posts minimum no reached ?)
Probably more info than required but easier to paste list made for System build site than make new one

Scan 3XS Vengeance i7 3770K (4.6Ghz) Crossfired XFX (3GB) Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition DD Customised Gaming System
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Ivy Bridge
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core Ivy Bridge Processor Retail with 4.6Ghz OC
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance Liquid
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) Dual Channel DDR3 Memory with Corsair Link Connector - Requires Hydro CPU Cooler
    GPU: 2×Crossfired XFX 3GB Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition DD (Double Dissipation) with Ghost Thermal and Hydrocell 2xmDP/2xDVI/HDMI
    PSU: 1200W Corsair Professional Series AX1200 Full Modular
    System OS SSD: 256GB 2.5” SATA 3 OCZ Vertex 4 Indilinx Everest 2 Controller
    System Games SSD: 500GB 2.5” SATA 3 Samsung 840 Series 3-Core MDX Controller
    Storage HDD's: 2×2TB 3.5” SATA 3 Western Digital Caviar Green Quiet
    Backup HDD: 3TB 3.5” SATA 3 Seagate Barracuda
    Optical Drive: LiteOn 4×Blu-ray Reader and 8×DVD Reader
    Sound Card: ASUS Xonar D2X Ultra Fidelity 7.1 Hi-Def PCI-Express Dolby/DTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit SP1
    TFT Monitors: 3×Dell U2711 27" 2560×1440 Pixels Each for 7680×1440 Pixels in Eyefinity
    Gaming Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90 Performance MMO Mechanical Cherry MX Red Mechanical Switches
    Gaming Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance Laser Gunmetal Black
    Gaming Keyboard Mat: Razer Goliathus Extended Control Mat
    Gaming Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Standard Control Fragged Gaming Pad
    Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset with Microphone