Loss Of Context Menu For Bottom Panel Folder Tabs

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
thisguycecil

Loss Of Context Menu For Bottom Panel Folder Tabs

#1 Post by thisguycecil » 14.05.2015, 03:35

Hello.

Running with version 691, but same problem with version 690 as well. In short, it's an intermittent problem which arises only in specific--but reproducible--circumstances. Here is the scenario:

1. Create (at least) two custom layouts, Custom1 and Custom2, as follows:

2. For Custom1, use only a single panel and create one folder tab. Point it to a sample folder, say "C:\UserData".

3. For Custom2, use two horizontal panels and create a folder tab in each panel. Point the top panel folder tab to a second sample folder, say "D:\Temp". Point the bottom panel folder tab to a third sample folder, say "E:\MyDocs".

4. Manually select layout Custom2 from the main menu; View | Layouts | Custom2. Then click Tools | Save Settings.

5. Close FCXE then re-open it. Expect the Custom2 layout to appear.

6. Right-click on the top panel folder tab for "D:\Temp" and confirm the context menu appears. Then do the same test for the bottom panel folder tab for "E:\MyDocs".

7. Switch to the Custom1 layout. Perform the same context menu test for the single panel folder tab for "C:\UserData".

8. Okay, here's where it gets kind of odd. Switch back to the Custom2 layout. Perform the same context menu test for the BOTTOM panel folder tab for "E:\MyDocs". In my test environment the right-click on that folder tab is now unavailable, and thus there is no context menu for that bottom folder tab.

9. Now it gets odd-er (?). If I had not used custom layouts at all but simple used F10 to open a dual-pane and created the same test folder tabs, the context menu problem does not occur. It ONLY occurs if you switch between views using custom layouts with two panels.

10. I could re-create this problem under both v690 and v691. Also, the same issue occurs whether I use a single or multiple INI environment.

Could someone tell me I'm not imagining this ?! It's intermittent and it's driving me crazy because I switch in and out of different dual-panel custom layouts all day long. I'm having a nice bourbon as I write this in order, of course, to keep the facts straight at 1830h in the evening. (Woodford Reserve Distiiller Select, if you wonder. :wink: )

Thanks in advance for any insights.

joby_toss

Re: Loss Of Context Menu For Bottom Panel Folder Tabs

#2 Post by joby_toss » 14.05.2015, 08:48

Confirmed.

joby_toss

Re: Loss Of Context Menu For Bottom Panel Folder Tabs

#3 Post by joby_toss » 05.06.2015, 19:27

Fixed in 692. Thank's!