Multi-rename doesn't keep sort order of profiles

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Odamn-Ete

Multi-rename doesn't keep sort order of profiles

#1 Post by Odamn-Ete » 25.07.2019, 03:20

Dear Marek,

since you've implemented the request to automatically sort profiles alphabetically in the multi-rename window (http://forum.freecommander.com/viewtopi ... 2f103da210), personal sort orders are no longer possible. Yes, I can sort profiles according to my own needs, but after closing the multi-rename window and opening it again, the profiles are again sorted alphabetically.

I don't need sorting alphabetically; I sort according to frequency of use and I also group my profiles according to functionality. This speeds up my work flow. When the profiles are sorted alphabetically, I am forced to scroll up and down to find the profiles I want to use. I would prefer not having to rename my profiles to accommodate them to alphabetical sorting. One of the reasons your software is so good, is that users can configure it to their own personal needs and are not forced into a usage scheme, limiting what they can do and how they work.

I don't understand why you implemented the alphabetical sorting in the first place. One was already able to sort profiles alphabetically by using the buttons "move up" and "move down" in the profiles tab. The way you had this implemented before the change was perfect. This functionality to sort profiles individually (the code you wrote for this) is now useless.

It is up to you, how you want to fix this. I would very much appreciate not being forced to use alphabetical sorting of profiles in the multi-rename window.

Thanks for providing us with an amazing software.

FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 800 64-bit donor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1809 Build 17763.652

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Multi-rename doesn't keep sort order of profiles

#2 Post by Marek » 25.07.2019, 21:29

I think you're right, this change was not necessary and will be reversed.

stephen147

Re: Multi-rename doesn't keep sort order of profiles

#3 Post by stephen147 » 31.07.2019, 22:44

I don't need sorting alphabetically;
I'm afraid I do.

I was really only asking for a way to click the column title or a button for that addition. Not to auto-sort them.

I'd really appreciate for this to be retained as a clickable column header or a single sort by a-z button or a checkbox to sort automatically as is.
Sceenshots made easy with ShareX.