Logon Failure prompt is very long

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
BGM

Logon Failure prompt is very long

#1 Post by BGM » 26.07.2012, 19:04

I have a network directory that I have to map using NET USE in order to have file-system access. If I restart my computer, the connection is reset. But FC remembers the path in its tabs. If I forget that the directory isn't mapped and I click on a tab which targets an unavailable network directory, I get an error box from FC:

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
\\network\path\folder

That is normal.
What isn't normal, is that when I click the OK button in that box, I have to wait for a very long time for FC to come to its senses and replace the unavailable directory with the default "Desktop" location. (by the way, we should be able to set this default directory in the settings).

If we click OK, the change should be instantaneous. It is bad enough that we have to wait for FC to discover that the network path is invalid (this should be done in FC's "load network" thread. I think there should be an option to replace all missing tab-directories with the defaults at startup if those paths are not found. It prevents the interruption of workflow.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Logon Failure prompt is very long

#2 Post by Marek » 01.08.2012, 20:50

I have added new option for tab management "Close all tabs with UNC path, when the program ends" - for the release 598.

BGM

Re: Logon Failure prompt is very long

#3 Post by BGM » 02.08.2012, 22:29

Thanks for the work-around, Marek.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)