plugins lock file even after exiting quickview

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
BGM

plugins lock file even after exiting quickview

#1 Post by BGM » 17.11.2011, 23:31

Salvete! I have had this problem with two lister plugins - fileinfo and imagine. I set the plugins to have priority over the built-in viewer. Now, when I view a file with FC's quickviewer (say a png file, with imagine, or an exe with fileinfo) and then toggle off the quickviewer, and then try to delete the file in the main folder tab of FC, it won't delete the file because the file "is still in use by another process" - it is locked by the plugin or by the quickviewer. I think that whenever we toggle off the quickviewer, that all files should be released. Now, I tried the same process with the build-in viewer as the default (having changed FC's default to the built-in viewer), and found the same problem. It is the viewer that is locking the files, not the plugins.

In some cases, when I use the fileinfo plugin to view the metadata of an exe I am developing, that locking of the file by the quickviewer will crash FC as I recompile the application.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)

BGM

Re: plugins lock file even after exiting quickview

#2 Post by BGM » 17.11.2011, 23:33

Oh - when I view the folder containing the locked file with "unlocker" - it shows me the locking process is FreeCommander.exe.
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)