single tab mode (tabs being remembered that shouldn't be)

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
NReale3370

single tab mode (tabs being remembered that shouldn't be)

#1 Post by NReale3370 » 11.08.2011, 04:49

Hey, using the new 550 beta on windows 7 x64. In 2009.02b when I select close unlocked tabs on exit and deselect always keep one tab open I get in essence a single tab mode (any command line arguments open as the main and only tab as opposed to creating a new tab). in the 550 beta with those same options it always seems to open a second new tab when i submit an argument. This happens with or without a preset start folder. The other tab will always be the last one I had open before closing the program, seemingly regardless of the program settings.

Skylark

Re: single tab mode (tabs being remembered that shouldn't be

#2 Post by Skylark » 25.08.2011, 05:28

I second this, also using public rel 550. I have FCXE set up to always open in my home folder (C:\Users\username), and when I start it, instead of having only one tab with that folder open at startup, there will be one tab with the last open folder when FCXE was closed, and then the tab with my home folder. If I close the extra tab, leaving only the one in my home folder, then close and restart FCXE, then there will be only one tab in my home on startup, but whenever I move to some other folder, close and restart FCXE, there will be 2 tabs, the last folder before it was closed and my home.

Ivkosky

#3 Post by Ivkosky » 21.05.2013, 08:48

I have the same issue as NReale above. I see that he posted this in August 2011... May I ask whether this has been already resolved somehow and if yes, could you please let me know the solution?

Thanks a lot!

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 21.05.2013, 21:50

Try to describe more exactly (step by step) what is your problem.

Ivkosky

#5 Post by Ivkosky » 23.05.2013, 14:54

Thanks. I have set a predefined folder, which should open every time I start FreeCommander (different one for each of the two windows). However, if I close FreeCommander with other than the predefined "start-up" folders currently opened, then the next time I start the program, both will appear as tabs on both sides - the last time used folder as well as the start-up folder. And the tabs are stacking up if I don't close them and open another folder, which I won't close or change to the start-up folder before I close the program.

User1208539

#6 Post by User1208539 » 27.05.2013, 10:19

Hi,
same for me. I've installed last portable FreeCommander XE beta 621 (with previous beta release saved settings) and now if I close it with different predefinite "start-up" folders the next time I see them too.
Try to change manually the value [Form] "LastUsedPanel=1" to "0" or without value but FreeCommander XE reset to "1" when close and save the last directories visited in [MainPanel] "LeftDir=" and/or "RightDir=".

Note:
1) If I close FreeCommander XE with the same directories set in "start-up" folders I will see no change e no more tab
2) The problem in not constant:
a) if I don't close the unwanted last used tabs, the next time free commander start normally with only "start-up" folders despite I visit other last folders
b) if I close the unwanted last used tabs the problem remain and anyhow the next time after a) example the problem recurs

Where I can find the the previous portable FreeCommander XE beta released on website if I remember in 1.12.2012?

Thanks for all