Request: Remember QuickView splitter by plugin

Discussion and questions - donor version.
JohnFredC

Request: Remember QuickView splitter by plugin

#1 Post by JohnFredC » 18.09.2012, 16:28

Please consider an option to save the QV splitter position by file type or plugin.

These options display the viewer inside the current panel:

For some file types (for instance: image and text files) it is best for the QV splitter to show more of QuickView and less of files.

For other file types (MP3's for instance), the QuickView plugin can be small, so the QuickView splitter should show only a small view, with the majority of the file panel dedicated to files.

It would be great if XE remembered the splitter position for each plugin...

Thanks for listening!
Mouse-centric

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Request: Remember QuickView splitter by plugin

#2 Post by Marek » 21.09.2012, 22:20

How could be defined such option?

JohnFredC

#3 Post by JohnFredC » 22.09.2012, 02:57

Hi Marek,

Thanks for responding!

My idea is simply for XE to save (and restore) the QuickView splitter position for each QV plugin when the user has selected "One viewer per panel".

For instance, if a user selects a specific plugin for a .txt file and sets the QV splitter position, then XE should restore the splitter position the next time the plugin is called.

Perhaps a toggle in Settings to enable or disable the behavior would be good, but I don't think even that is necessary. This needs to be a very simple, second nature, no UI sort of feature.

My original idea was to keep track of the QV splitter position by file extension (which I think would be preferable), but the INI overhead and logistics for that might be prohibitive (because there are so many file extensions).

A compromise might be if the splitter position persisted by "type": music, video, text, binary, etc., instead of plugin.

Again, I think this suggestion only applies when "One viewer per panel" is selected.
Mouse-centric

JohnFredC

#4 Post by JohnFredC » 29.04.2014, 23:16

This request was implemented in 659!

Marek, thank you very very much! It works exactly as it should and I have already implemented several different QuickView schemes (separate positions for images, text, videos, music...).

Fantastic. XE just gets better and better!

Thank you.
Mouse-centric