Preview of future FreeCommander XE 591 version update

Discussion and questions - donor version.
Timon

Preview of future FreeCommander XE 591 version update

#1 Post by Timon » 13.09.2012, 09:13

Maybe it's time to update FreeCommander XE 591 version on page http://freecommander.com/fc_beta_en.htm for everybody? Here version 598 is already discussed and official page has no update since may 2012

catweazle9

Re: Preview of future FreeCommander XE 591 version update

#2 Post by catweazle9 » 13.09.2012, 18:03

+1.

I was just about to ask the same question myself...

John.

inglorious

#3 Post by inglorious » 13.09.2012, 18:36

donate and get the latest version! :roll:
Win7x64

Timon

#4 Post by Timon » 13.09.2012, 20:10

Help to project can be delivered not only through donations. For example, it may be help in localizations, bug reports, suggestions for improvements...
As for me, I corrected russian location of FC XE, fixed a big number of spelling and linguistic errors. This is also help, but immaterial. But as I see, for some reason, developers are not very interested in such help. I can't even get information where to send corrected localization.
And what for to hide the newest version? You artificially limit quantity of free beta testers. They could find more errors and make your product better without any fees.
I support quite a lot of freeware products and no one refuses such assistance, except you. And how it is possible to help if there is no latest version in free download?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 13.09.2012, 20:31

Hello Timon and welcome to the FreeCommander forum!
But as I see, for some reason, developers are not very interested in such help.
First correction - there is just one developer, Marek, and this is also the answer to the other questions, he is working hard on FC in his free time, almost for free (donations) and this is the reason why he can't answer immediately to every post. Therefore we have this forum, to help the users, we are all volunteers here.

I think this system - wait and get it for free, is better then shareware.

Regarding translation, I'll reply in the other topic, but the information is available on the FC pages.

Marek
Author
Author

#6 Post by Marek » 13.09.2012, 21:01

I would like to make the 600 release public.

Scott_Y

#7 Post by Scott_Y » 22.09.2012, 06:38

Timon wrote:... I corrected russian location of FC XE, fixed a big number of spelling and linguistic errors. This is also help, but immaterial. But as I see, for some reason, developers are not very interested in such help. I can't even get information where to send corrected localization.
You can contact the developer, Marek, directly through the link here http://www.freecommander.com/fc_contact_en.htm (a Contact page is generally a good place to look for this kind of information). I'm quite sure he will value any suggestions and corrections from you. And you thereby join many others in the FC community who express their appreciation for all his hard work by contributing in one way or another. In fact, this would be an excellent time to send it viewtopic.php?f=6&t=775&start=60#p13676
And what for to hide the newest version? You artificially limit quantity of free beta testers. They could find more errors and make your product better without any fees. I support quite a lot of freeware products and no one refuses such assistance, except you. And how it is possible to help if there is no latest version in free download?
Was your assistance actually "refused" or did you simply not know where to send it?
The newest version is not hidden; information may be found at http://www.freecommander.com/fc_beta_en.htm and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22

In order to give you an idea of availability, the public releases of FC-XE have been versions 520, 532, 550, 570, 590, and (currently) 591; the next one is expected in the near future, probably 601. If you want to have access to intermediate versions, then you are invited to become a donor for a very reasonable amount. If not, the public releases come out frequently enough to provide improvements for everyone.