PLEASE, ALIASES FOR OPENING PAIRS OF FOLDERS!

Discussion and questions - donor version.
FCMCA

PLEASE, ALIASES FOR OPENING PAIRS OF FOLDERS!

#1 Post by FCMCA » 31.07.2011, 14:52

Hi, Marek:

Thanks for so much for your dev efforts.

Could you please do give some serious thought to implementing "aliases" for opening pairs of folders (like Opera's nicks for url, keyword for Firefox - Directory Opus, MultiCommander, and XYPlorer already have this), with each of these being opened on a different folder pane, into a future version of the program? This feature is so handy...

By the way, I haven't been able to use the Brazilian Portuguese language file with betas, nor did I find the English one for updating that language, although, of course, we're talking about betas here. Well, anyway, consider the fact, when the next release is out ready for use, I would already have an update for this language...

Kind regards.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: PLEASE, ALIASES FOR OPENING PAIRS OF FOLDERS!

#2 Post by Marek » 31.07.2011, 23:03

"Favorite folders" dialog has the possibility to define the folder for active and inactive pane. If you define both folders you can open pair of folders.

The translation possibility for XE is my next step.

FCMCA

#3 Post by FCMCA » 01.08.2011, 13:27

Marek wrote:"Favorite folders" dialog has the possibility to define the folder for active and inactive pane. If you define both folders you can open pair of folders.

The translation possibility for XE is my next step.
Hi, Marek:

Thanks for your support.

OK. Although Favorite Folders is a great thing, it's not the same an not quite handy as simply typing aliases in the address bar for achieving this. If you at least make it possible to use shortcuts like Ctrl+Shift+abc, Win+Alt+abcd, Shift+Win+abc1 etc. (modifiers+3-4 letters making up the shortcut key combo - like in Cruiser [Can't remember this Linux file manager name] or just like, as far as opening PROGRAMS/FILES is concerned, Alonekeys [http://www.alonekey.com/] and Wirekeys [http://www.namebadgesinc.com] are able to... Is that hard to implement? If it is, you have a point...

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards.

Karol

#4 Post by Karol » 01.08.2011, 13:42

If you at least make it possible to use shortcuts like Ctrl+Shift+abc
Favorite folders have shortcuts Shift+Ctrl+1, ..., Shift+Ctrl+9.