"no to all" on copy, and skip file on error

Suggestions and feature requests.
ahadobas

#31 Post by ahadobas » 05.06.2008, 15:03

I've using TeraCopy 2.0b3 with FileCopyPrg option.
I've got error message below with last not public beta version (2008.6.0.344) at file copy.
"The directory name is invalid."
The line in ini file:
FileCopyPrg=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy *%ActivSelAsFile% "%InactivDir%"
The copy works well with previous version of FreeCommander.
Check this error, please!

ABS

#32 Post by ABS » 12.07.2008, 17:31

ahadobas wrote:I've using TeraCopy 2.0b3 with FileCopyPrg option.
I've got error message below with last not public beta version (2008.6.0.344) at file copy.
"The directory name is invalid."
The line in ini file:
FileCopyPrg=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy *%ActivSelAsFile% "%InactivDir%"
The copy works well with previous version of FreeCommander.
Check this error, please!
your syntax has some problems. try this:

Code: Select all

FileCopyPrg=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy "%ActivSelAsFile%" "%InactivDir%"

ahadobas

#33 Post by ahadobas » 13.07.2008, 18:44

ABS wrote:your syntax has some problems. try this:

Code: Select all

FileCopyPrg=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy "%ActivSelAsFile%" "%InactivDir%"
In the newest version of TeraCopy (v 2.0 beta 3) the command line has changed. Look at the following:
-------------------------
TeraCopy Change Log
Version 2.0 beta 3
! Command line changed:
TeraCopy.exe Operation [*]Source Target [/SkipAll] [/OverwriteOlder] [/RenameAll] [/OverwriteAll] [/NoClose]

Operation: Copy|Move|Delete
Source: File,folder
*Source: Path to filelist
Target: Destination folder

ABS

#34 Post by ABS » 13.07.2008, 23:36

ahadobas wrote: In the newest version of TeraCopy (v 2.0 beta 3) the command line has changed. Look at the following:
TeraCopy Change Log
Version 2.0 beta 3
! Command line changed:
TeraCopy.exe Operation [*]Source Target [/SkipAll] [/OverwriteOlder] [/RenameAll] [/OverwriteAll] [/NoClose]

sorry. i didn't know that :oops:

MrYman

#35 Post by MrYman » 10.11.2008, 11:37

Marek wrote:So long the FC own file operations are not implemented yet, one can try to use external programs.

It is possible in the curent beta version (I plan new release in 2-3 weeks).
To be able to use external programs you must define the following lines in the freecommander.ini

for KillCopy
FileMovePrg=C:\WINDOWS\system32\killcopy.exe |%ActivSelAsFile%|%InactivDir%|-mrg
FileCopyPrg=C:\WINDOWS\system32\killcopy.exe |%ActivSelAsFile%|%InactivDir%

or for TeraCopy
FileMovePrg=C:\Programme\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Move %ActivSelAsFile% %InactivDir%
FileCopyPrg=C:\Programme\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy %ActivSelAsFile% %InactivDir%
Great info! KillCopy works quite well this way... could you also let us know how to make Ultracopier (continuation of SuperCopier2) work with FC?

jollyb

#36 Post by jollyb » 10.11.2008, 12:05

on latest version of teracopy and any version of freecommander the copy move option not working. i lost some files also while using teracopy and freecommander together :(
enjoying to use FreeCommander :)

MrYman

#37 Post by MrYman » 11.11.2008, 18:46

jollyb wrote:on latest version of teracopy and any version of freecommander the copy move option not working. i lost some files also while using teracopy and freecommander together :(
Well, since Teracopy is standalone application, as is FC, then losing files cannot be due to FC, only due to TeraCopy...

I've lost half of 500GB disk, and I think KillCopy did it (ironically, great name for a copy application, is it not? LOL). I only got error message from Vista Ultimate 64-bit once in a while and it was something like "write protection error" and when CHKDSK checked disk upon reboot it got tons of index and other errors and as said, half of data was lost (actually more or less "just" names of files, but it's kinda the same due to high amount of files).

I am using latest beta of TeraCopy now, hope nothing gets lost (for a while I'll have a double copy of all files).

jollyb

#38 Post by jollyb » 21.11.2008, 18:04

In the newest version of TeraCopy (v 2.0 beta 3) the command line has changed. Look at the following:
TeraCopy Change Log
Version 2.0 beta 3
! Command line changed:

and how should the line now be?
what do i need to change?
enjoying to use FreeCommander :)

konio

#39 Post by konio » 12.01.2009, 17:06

My question is a little different.
I use teracopy and it works fine for me, but...

Sometimes when I copy/move file I would like to change its name as well. When I change the name in destination field in copy\move dialog box it isn't done because of %InactivDir% param. When using windows copy function it works fine.

Is it possible to substitute the a %InactivDir% parameter with the destination field from copy/move window? Or maybe teracopy doesn't support this kind of param?

waffler

#40 Post by waffler » 07.06.2009, 11:05

jollyb wrote:
TeraCopy Change Log
Version 2.0 beta 3
! Command line changed:

and how should the line now be?
what do i need to change?
I'm using TeraCopy .0 beta 4a and the following works for me:

FileMovePrg=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Move *%ActivSelAsFile% "%InactivDir%"