Please change location of Top Level DIR after Backspacing Up

Suggestions and feature requests.
Bearded Kirklander

Please change location of Top Level DIR after Backspacing Up

#1 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 22.08.2008, 03:54

Situation: I have a whole bunch of folders (Directories), say 400, and they fill up the entire pane from top to bottom.

Action Down: I choose a folder in the top third, for example, then drill down to four levels of sub-folders.

Action Up: When I'm finished with the file work, I press BACKSPACE to go back up to the original "Start Folder" that I started from.

Result: That original "Start Folder" is still selected, but it is now shown at the very bottom of the file pane.

Problem: This can be rather distracting, especially if you are working with a series of numbered and ordered folders.

Example: I have 73 folders that comprise my "Deathlands" audiobook collection and my file pane only shows 30 at a time. I choose folder 61 and drill down through the sub-folders so I can edit a text file.

When I chose the folder, it was near the top third of the folders shown in the pane. But when I press BACKSPACE until I get back to the "Start Folder", that folder is at the bottom of the list in the pane instead of where it was initially.

Request: Would it be possible to return to the "Start Folder" level and have it positioned right where it was when I started drilling down to the sub-folders?

Or at the very least, would it be possible to have the "Start Folder" positioned in the middle of the folder list in the pane instead of at the bottom?

If I need to work my way down say 13 more folders that are next in the order and the first one gets moved all the way to the bottom of the pane, none of those other 13 are showing anymore, and I have to manually scroll back down to find the next ones.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you.

FLiER

Re: Please change location of Top Level DIR after Backspacin

#2 Post by FLiER » 22.08.2008, 23:12

Bearded Kirklander wrote:Result: That original "Start Folder" is still selected, but it is now shown at the very bottom of the file pane.

Request: Would it be possible to return to the "Start Folder" level and have it positioned right where it was when I started drilling down to the sub-folders?

Hope that makes sense.
Maybe it will be better to put it into the center of the file pane.

I think this is good request
[url=http://www.cdburnerxp.se/][img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2110/cdbxptransmyubarpngzl1.png[/img][/url]

Bearded Kirklander

#3 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 23.08.2008, 04:36

I had mentioned that middle thing. Whichever way is easier for Marek to program, I'm all about that. :)

Or at the very least, would it be possible to have the "Start Folder" positioned in the middle of the folder list in the pane instead of at the bottom?

FLiER

#4 Post by FLiER » 23.08.2008, 19:44

Bearded Kirklander wrote:I had mentioned that middle thing.
Oh, sorry :) Waiting for Marek :wink:
[url=http://www.cdburnerxp.se/][img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2110/cdbxptransmyubarpngzl1.png[/img][/url]

Bearded Kirklander

#5 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 24.08.2008, 02:08

FLiER wrote:
Bearded Kirklander wrote:I had mentioned that middle thing.
Oh, sorry :) Waiting for Marek :wink:
It's all good.

Marek has been awesome lately in getting bugs squashed and features added. I'm glad he can find the time.

It'll be kind of exciting when the new version hits the street - I can go nag all my friends to download it and try out the new features. :)

Bearded Kirklander

#6 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 07.09.2008, 23:03

Just wanted to bump this and see if Marek might be willing to give his thoughts about the request.

I think I'd be happy if the position of the folder in the file list was either exactly where it was before drilling down to a sub-folder, or if it defaulted to the middle position in the file list.

I appreciate all the effort and am looking forward to trying more betas as they are made available.

Thank you much,

BK