more options during copy process

Suggestions and feature requests.
przemas

more options during copy process

#1 Post by przemas » 06.08.2008, 13:00

Hi

I am new with FC. Till this moment I was used to use TC and I am missing one thing in FC that was very good in TC.

It would be great if you could add possibility to choose what type of files can be copy i.e.:
if I want to copy only PDF files from one folder to other then in TC I could just wrote *.pdf

Is this possible to add this to FC?

best regards
przemek

Dreamer
Site Admin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 07.08.2008, 01:47

Menu > Edit > Select group, or select any PDF file and in menu > Edit > select "Select files with same ext" - or use keyboard shortcuts for these options.

przemas

#3 Post by przemas » 07.08.2008, 09:13

hhmm this is not the excaly what I was looking for. I know about this but thx.

This funcion do not include subfolders.

Please let me explain this again. I have some folder and a lot of subfolders in it. In all of those subfolders there are files with different extentions, i.e.:

folder 1,3,4,5,6
in folder 1 there are pdf, xml, xls, log, txt files
the same in all other folders

I want to select all the folders and copy only pdfs but with all the folder structure. So if in folder 1 there are folders with names: 1sub, 2 sub, 3 sub, then I want to copy all those folders and if there are some pdf, then also with those files.

best regards and waiting for your reply
przemek

MilesAhead

xcopy

#4 Post by MilesAhead » 12.08.2008, 21:46

przemas wrote:hhmm this is not the excaly what I was looking for. I know about this but thx.

This funcion do not include subfolders.

Please let me explain this again. I have some folder and a lot of subfolders in it. In all of those subfolders there are files with different extentions, i.e.:
Sounds like something you could do with XCopy or XCopy in a script or batch
to get the extension from the selected file and copy the directory structure but only files with the given extension. Then you could put your script in the favorites toolbar.

wkrekik

#5 Post by wkrekik » 12.08.2008, 23:18

One way to copy all *.pdf files (or other filtered files) of a folder and its subfolders: "Synchronize" function (Menu : Folder/Synchronize):

Little complicated, I admit...