2008-6c - & Beta 875 Layout Name Entry Bug in Vista

Bugs and issues.
Bearded Kirklander

2008-6c - & Beta 875 Layout Name Entry Bug in Vista

#1 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 22.09.2008, 09:28

In Vista, using 2008-6c or Beta 875, I follow this menu progression:

VIEW > LAYOUT > EDIT

I then click the ADD TO LIST button and type in a name for the layout and press the ENTER key.

In Vista, the name I typed into the edit box disappears.

In XP, the name is properly created.

If I manually click on the OK button, the entry is saved.

If I enter the name and press the TAB key, the OK button becomes the focus and I can press the ENTER key there, and the name will save.

So basically, I would think that in Vista, when you type in the name for the layout and press the ENTER key, that name should still be there and retain focus / selected state.

Not sure if this is all wrapped up in that "Vista selects the entire line, XP doesn't" situation, but I thought I'd mention that as well.

Thank you.

jclu52

Vista 64

#2 Post by jclu52 » 02.02.2009, 22:28

I had Vista 32 Ultimate and I was NOT able to create a layout. I switched to Vista 64 Ultimate recently with a fresh install - a forum message indicate a fresh install might correct the issue, did not have a chance to do it until refresh my PC - I am still having the problem.

I can now create layout after reading your post. Thank you for the work around!!! :D

Yes, after entering the name, I pressed the "Enter" key and the layout name would disappear from the list box.

I love this layout feature but since I switched to Vista, I was not able to use it. It would be sweet if it can be fixed in the software. :D

Bearded Kirklander

#3 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 02.02.2009, 22:35

Glad it helped out. That's what's great about message boards such as this. We can assist each other and provide information that may be useful.

Enjoy