Folder/File selection issue

Bugs and issues.
giangian

Folder/File selection issue

#1 Post by giangian » 07.08.2008, 16:21

Step to reproduce the problem:

1 - Go to path where you have 5/6 folder (or more)
2 - Double click in some folder in the middle of the list
3 - Come back to the parent folder (double click on ".." or backspace)
4 - The last visited folder will be selected
5 - Press "Shift" key and move upwards or downwards (with up or down key), as if you want to select some folder
6 - The selection starts from the first folder "..", and not from selected folder

Ciao
Marco
I know... my english it's not perfect

Bearded Kirklander

#2 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 07.08.2008, 20:03

I think I have seen this bug too.

It seems to lose track sometimes as to where the selected item is.

If I remember right, it does this also after some drag and drop operations.

I had not tracked a pattern, but you did a great job of explaining in detail, so thanks for doing that.

Free Commander is so close to being at the top - just a few more of these type of bug fixes for quirky behavior, and it'll be all good...

I also noticed something - that when you are in a folder with tons of sub folders and you enter one of the sub folders that shows up in the middle of the screen, and then you back out of that sub folder and go up one level, the selected folder is now at the bottom of the file list instead of back at the middle where it was when you started.

Have you seen that one?

Below are some screen shots of what I am talking about. I would like it so that when you go back up to that first level, the selected folder is back where it started instead of being moved to the bottom of the list.

giangian

#3 Post by giangian » 08.08.2008, 11:35

Bearded Kirklander wrote:when you are in a folder with tons of sub folders and you enter one of the sub folders that shows up in the middle of the screen, and then you back out of that sub folder and go up one level, the selected folder is now at the bottom of the file list instead of back at the middle where it was when you started.
Yes... it's true.
I also noticed if you have an horizontal scrollbar the selected folder is now at the bottom of the file list and under the scrollbar, only a little piece of selection is visible.
I know... my english it's not perfect

Bearded Kirklander

#4 Post by Bearded Kirklander » 13.08.2008, 17:02

I do hope that he has time to take a look at it and maybe it'll just be a quick fix kind of thing.

Thanks