Ignore diacritical marks in Seach / (Quick) filter

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Ignore diacritical marks in Seach / (Quick) filter

#1 Post by Dreamer » 05.09.2019, 17:53

It should be possible, because Chrome can do it (and it's doing by default, always) - Firefox and Edge can't.

Here is the way how to remove diacritical marks from files, it's possible and it works good.

viewtopic.php?p=20204#p20204

Anyway, when I want to filter some item quickly in quick filter, it's not so easy, moreover when using English keyboard, I have to switch keyboard first and then switch it back after the operation. The same with Search, it would be much easier and faster.

Diacritical marks are used in many countries, so it could be useful for many users.

It could be implemented as option, for Quick filter and Search:

- "Ignore diacritical marks" (and save the option state)

For example, when searching or filtering "a", search/filter also "á", "ä", "à", "â", "å", "ă".

Forez

Re: Ignore diacritical marks in Seach / (Quick) filter

#2 Post by Forez » 09.09.2019, 17:08

Dreamer wrote: 05.09.2019, 17:53 [...]
It could be implemented as option, for Quick filter and Search:
[...]
A simple additional icon near the Quick Filter box would be more convenient. The user could then simply turn this on and off

But I think that a color indication would be needed for that. That is there should be a color defined by user for the normal search state and the search ignoring diacritics. Although for the Quick Filter just a clearly visible turned on / off icon would probably do the trick

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 09.09.2019, 20:20

I'm not sure about another button / icon, not all users use diacritical marks and for those it would be useless, perhaps some note in the title bar, status bar, don't know.

Anyway, this option would be useful also for internal viewer / quick viewer, when searching the text files.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 30.09.2019, 22:47

It was added for quick filter, quick search, filter, multirename, thanks, Marek!

Please consider to add it also for Search and Viewer.

Marek
Author
Author

#5 Post by Marek » 01.10.2019, 22:11

Please consider to add it also for Search
In the search dialog it is implemented for "File name" - add "id:;" at the beginning of the field.