Not to bring FreeCommander window to front when click dragging files to another active Program window.

Suggestions and feature requests.
etcwawd

Not to bring FreeCommander window to front when click dragging files to another active Program window.

#1 Post by etcwawd » 10.07.2019, 09:39

I often drag files from the FreeCommander and drop them to another active program window such as media player or other small tools. In this case, the other program is running with a small window in the front, The bigger FreeCommander window is running in the back. Each time when I clicked and dragged the file from the FreeCommander to the other active program window, the FreeCommander window would be brought to the front and the other program window would be in back and invisible (Covered by the FreeCommander window). It will be difficult to do this kind of drag and drop work.
As I know, the original windows explorer will keep the other program running in front when dragging the files from the back-running program window. Could the FreeCommander has the same behavior?

Thank you very much!

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Not to bring FreeCommander window to front when click dragging files to another active Program window.

#3 Post by Marek » 26.10.2023, 22:43

Yo can activate any program/window if you first move the mouse with the dragged object to the icon in the taskbar.

antekgla

Re: Not to bring FreeCommander window to front when click dragging files to another active Program window.

#4 Post by antekgla » 27.10.2023, 12:57

Yes I know, also you can bring the target program with Alt+Tab while dragging...
...but would be nice what FreeCommander behave like Windows Explorer is this matter because is simpler.

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 29.10.2023, 14:55

If implemented, then this behavior should be optional [or the other way: it should be the default one but with a possibilty to be switched back to current behavior]