Option to Disable Menu Bar or Dock Favourite Toolbar

Suggestions and feature requests.
FCLover

Option to Disable Menu Bar or Dock Favourite Toolbar

#1 Post by FCLover » 09.02.2014, 04:01

I have Address bar, Drive Bar and Favourite Toolbar. With Menubar thats a total of four rows(bars). I don't need the menu bar as most of the options in the menu bar is already in my address bar/splitter bar. It would have been nice if there was an option to disable/hide menu bar so that would reduce one row leaving me with three bars instead of four. Alternately since my favourite toolbar is not that long if I could dock the Favourite toolbar next to the menu bar (I have set the option menu bar as toolbar) that would also be ok. Further reduction of bars would be possible if Drive bar could be placed in the address bar. Please take these into consideration for future releases. Thanks

joby_toss

Re: Option to Disable Menu Bar or Dock Favourite Toolbar

#2 Post by joby_toss » 09.02.2014, 09:57

You can disable the Menu toolbar and have a button to toggle its visibility or a show it using the Show/hide main menu popup button.

You can integrate the Favorite toolbars with the Action toolbar.

You can integrate the drives button in the Address bar.

This is the compact view you'll get:

FCLover

#3 Post by FCLover » 09.02.2014, 11:30

As always joby_toss to the rescue!. I missed hide menu bar option as I was looking for "menu bar". "main menu" didn't catch my attention. And also the general option for the Favourite Menu is located to the far right and was hidden, clicking on the right arrow didn't cross my mind as I had assumed "Define Favourite Toolbars" and "Toolbar Options" were the only two tabs. Thanks again for your timely help. May I suggest you write an online help manual with all the tricks and tips.

Karol

#4 Post by Karol » 09.02.2014, 11:56

May I suggest you write an online help manual with all the tricks and tips.
+++

FCLover

#5 Post by FCLover » 09.02.2014, 12:09

You can integrate the drives button in the Address bar.
Actually that creates a dropdown list of the drives. Thats not what I want. I prefer fixed buttons over dropdown menu. What I had desired was that the entire drive bar (with C:,D:, E: etc) be placed on the address bar (To the left, as all the command buttons in the address bar are right justified), always displaying the drive buttons so I can click on whatever drive I want to navigate to by clicking on that drive button. I hope this time also you come to the rescue. :) Thanks

P.S Oops, I was wrong above. On second thought I realized that with folder with long names there may not be enough space to fit all the drive buttons on the address bar. So having a dropdown menu on the address bar is the right way, and still it saves space, than having a popup drive bar on a separet row. So nothing more to ask :)
Last edited by FCLover on 09.02.2014, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

FCLover

#6 Post by FCLover » 09.02.2014, 12:13

Karol wrote:
May I suggest you write an online help manual with all the tricks and tips.
+++
And maybe you as the co-author Karol :wink:

joby_toss

#7 Post by joby_toss » 09.02.2014, 14:51

@FCLover @Karol
Thank you for your kind words!
I don't think I can do this job (online manual with tips&tricks) well enough. Granny did an awesome job for FC 2009 (I could never even come close to that level of professionalism)!
But I do have something else in mind, while preserving my hobbyist level. Stay close! ;)

Techminator

#8 Post by Techminator » 19.06.2020, 19:45

I am not following how to do this. I've only understood how to hide and show the toolbar. Can you please be more specific on how to make that bar compact?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#9 Post by Dreamer » 19.06.2020, 20:59

Techminator - Which bar do you mean - main toolbar, drives bar, splitter bar, favorites bar?

It's possible to hide any toolbar, for favorites toolbar, you can set the items to be shown in toolbar, menu or both, this way you can make it more compact.