"Next subfolder" and "Previous subfolder" options

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

"Next subfolder" and "Previous subfolder" options

#1 Post by Dreamer » 21.11.2010, 01:41

These options should just go to next/previous subfolder of the current folder - to quickly navigate through many subfolders.

I suggest to implement it as: menu option, toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcuts and mouse shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right or Ctrl+Up / Ctrl+Down

Mouse shortcuts:
- Right buton+wheel left / Right buton+wheel right

Thanks.

EDIT: Suggested shortcuts have been changed.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: "Next subfolder" and "Previous subfolder" options

#2 Post by Dreamer » 03.01.2014, 00:26

Topic moved to "FreeCommander XE » Feature Requests".

I'd still like to see this in the new XE version, it would be useful in many (sub)folders with pictures, music or documents.

Currently to move to next subfolder we have to do these steps:

- press Home, or scroll up to [..] item
- press Enter, or (double)click the [..] item
- press down arrow key
- press Enter

With option I'm suggesting, there is just one step:

- press Ctrl+Right, or mouse right + wheel right

...so no need to move a right hand away from arrows area / mouse.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: "Next subfolder" and "Previous subfolder" options

#3 Post by Dreamer » 22.08.2020, 19:03

10 years later, still miss this feature.

I'd just use different default keyboard and mouse shortcuts now.

Anyway, I tried to use the HotkeyP as workaround - and it looks it works good, I should do it earlier. Still testing...

If you want to try it, in the HokeyP press Insert to add a new hokey and use these:

Hot Key: Ctrl+Left (or any other free shortcut, you don't need, or even mouse shortcut is possible, e.g. Right button+wheel left)
Command: Macro to active window
Parameters: \home.\enter.\up.\enter FreeCommander.exe

Hot Key: Ctrl+Right (or any other free shortcut, you don't need, or even mouse shortcut is possible, e.g. Right button+wheel right)
Command: Macro to active window
Parameters: \home.\enter.\down.\enter FreeCommander.exe

Limitations:
It works only within a one folder, to go to previous/next subfolder, to go to another "parent" folder, need to do it manually.
It doesn't work in thumbnails view, need to use different parameters for it (just \left instead of \up and \right instead of \down) - and use different hotkeys too.
If it doesn't work good, you need to add a delay parameter, like this: "\home.\sleep1.\enter.\sleep1.\down.\sleep1.\enter FreeCommander.exe".

Probably it's possible to do it in other similar programs too, e.g. AutoHotkey, it's just not so easy there.

BTW: Unique keyboard shortcut to always go to next/previous item - in any view would be helpful here, is it possible to implement it? Like Insert, but not selecting the item.

Try to use it this way with the HotkeyP and switch between many subfolders in some image collection, it's so fast, 1-"click" instead of 3 or 4 "clicks".