Search Files Window

Suggestions and feature requests.
liafail

Search Files Window

#1 Post by liafail » 06.11.2020, 17:52

On Search Files window add buttons to the tool bar that are found under Files. For example: Remove from the List and Compare Two Files are missing on the tool bar; I can find no way to add them.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Search Files Window

#2 Post by Dreamer » 06.11.2020, 18:14

"Remove from the List" is there, install the latest version - 830 public beta.

liafail

#3 Post by liafail » 06.11.2020, 23:52

I installed the beta (latest version) and still no "Remove from the List" or "Compare Two Files" icons on the Search Results tool bar.

Also, using the "Cut" tool (it is on the tool bar), the selected items are put on the clip board, then property pasted to another location. The files are removed from the first location. However, the file entries on the search results window remain. It requires a manual removal so one doesn't forget that those entries on a huge page of entries reference nothing. Makes sense to put Remove action to remove useless entries under Cut action for fewer manual steps.

Using Delete with multiple files selected, only the first file deleted. If I then select the files left behind, then all the left-behind files are deleted. A two step process.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 07.11.2020, 11:46

Please, read the forum rules:

Forum Rules (Read First!) - FreeCommander Forum
• Post different questions, issues, or suggestions in separate threads.
• Add as many additional information as possible to your post, i.e. FreeCommander version, operating system, etc.
• Place your posts in the right forum.
Always write the version you are using, there are two different "latest" beta versions, currently 830 public beta and 832 donor beta.

Here is the screenshot from 830 public beta:
fcScreenshot_11072020_112843.png
fcScreenshot_11072020_112843.png (14.19 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
Please, create the new topics for the other issues, one per issue, in correct forums.
liafail wrote: 06.11.2020, 23:52Also, using the "Cut" tool (it is on the tool bar), the selected items are put on the clip board, then property pasted to another location. The files are removed from the first location. However, the file entries on the search results window remain. It requires a manual removal so one doesn't forget that those entries on a huge page of entries reference nothing. Makes sense to put Remove action to remove useless entries under Cut action for fewer manual steps.
Workaround, click the Find button to "refresh" view.
Another workaround, click the Export button (Ctrl+E), then you can copy/move/delete files easily.
liafail wrote: 06.11.2020, 23:52Using Delete with multiple files selected, only the first file deleted. If I then select the files left behind, then all the left-behind files are deleted. A two step process.
I can't reproduce it in 830 public beta.