Focus newest item / file

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Focus newest item / file

#1 Post by Dreamer » 22.08.2020, 17:44

When downloading the files, or copying, moving, I want to focus the new file quickly.

Workarounds:
- Change sorting by date, but then I have to switch sorting back - and I still have to search / scroll up or down, because the focus is not changed, so if the file in the middle is focused, need to scroll.
- It's possible to use a different color for "new" items, but it will just change the color and I don't want it to have this color always, plus - this color is lost when I change the color scheme, so I'd have to edit all color schemes.

All in all, probably the easiest way would be the new option - menu option, toolbar button and keyboard shortcut:

- Focus newest item

I think it would be very useful option, users are searching for the newest file often.

If possible, this option could be working also for newly copied/moved items within FC, refresh option "Add new items at the end of the list" is useful, but still need to scroll and it doesn't work if copying from the other program.
In this case, when using the option "Preserve file/folder timestamp", it should be working with "Last access" date.

alf5000

Re: Focus newest item

#2 Post by alf5000 » 23.08.2020, 09:05

+1
I fully second your request, oh it would save me lots of clicks!
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Focus newest item

#3 Post by Dreamer » 23.08.2020, 18:38

Thanks for your support.

I thought about it and perhaps another feature - "Focus newest file" would be useful too, because if the file is downloaded/copied and new folder is created, to move that file to that folder, in this case the new folder will be "newest item", so sometimes the other feature would be better, but focus newest item is needed too.