Propagate tab color to tabs of subfolders

Suggestions and feature requests.
Mike3000

Propagate tab color to tabs of subfolders

#1 Post by Mike3000 » 10.04.2020, 14:35

I often have the case where I use the same structure of folders for different projects. So different tabs display the same name and one has to select them to see the full path and deduct the project from that. To quickly see which project (=path) a tab belongs to it would be nice if one can define a color to the root tab/path and all tabs of subfolders inherit the color.

Example: all tabs of the root folder of project A and all tabs of its subfolders are blue, project b red, project c green, and so on.

At the moment, I am doing this manually but of course this time could better be spent elsewhere.

Possible implementations that came to my mind:

1. For a list of root paths one can define colors in the settings.

or

2. In the tab properties dialogue add a checkbox saying something like "[x] propagate color to tabs of subfolders".

The second one seems more intuitive to me and also avoids copy-pasting of paths.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Propagate tab color to tabs of subfolders

#2 Post by Marek » 11.04.2020, 10:29

There is the option "Get color from current tab if add new tab" in the settings.
If this option is active, you only have to set the color on the first tab.
If you need a new tab for the same project, you only have to activate one tab of the project and create a new tab with the same color with Ctrl + T.

Mike3000

Re: Propagate tab color to tabs of subfolders

#3 Post by Mike3000 » 11.04.2020, 21:10

Dear Marek,
thanks for the fast reply. I was not aware that such a feature already exists. Great! 8)