proposed improvement: sorting by date and time within comparison - syncronisation view

Suggestions and feature requests.
oscar0019

proposed improvement: sorting by date and time within comparison - syncronisation view

#1 Post by oscar0019 » 23.12.2019, 18:11

Hi, thank you very much for the freecommander tool. what I like best is the syncronisation feature: to compare two sources and being able to copy then the newer files to the other destination.
Several times I thought it would be even more helpful being able to have the "result list" of differences between the two sources and being able to sort it by date (and time).
Benefit would be: when and/or what files were updated/different in which (sub-)directories of the two compared/to syncronized directories.
I guess adding this feature should not be so tricky / complicated and might help other users using the syncronisation feature a lot.
Thank you
Sascha from Germany

Odamn-Ete

Re: proposed improvement: sorting by date and time within comparison - syncronisation view

#2 Post by Odamn-Ete » 24.12.2019, 09:57

oscar0019 wrote: 23.12.2019, 18:11 Hi, thank you very much for the freecommander tool. what I like best is the syncronisation feature: to compare two sources and being able to copy then the newer files to the other destination.
+1 It was the feature that got me to start using FC in the first place. A friend gave me the tip.
oscar0019 wrote: 23.12.2019, 18:11 ...
Several times I thought it would be even more helpful being able to have the "result list" of differences between the two sources and being able to sort it by date (and time).
The proposal sounds interesting. Are you speaking of a preview? A printable list? Files overwritten? A log function?
oscar0019 wrote: 23.12.2019, 18:11 ...
I guess adding this feature should not be so tricky / complicated ...
I'm no expert, I suppose it depends on how user configurable Marek's solution would be. I think output format desired would also have an impact. I would suggest .csv, if I may.

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays!