Color for the \ sign in the path bar

Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Color for the \ sign in the path bar

#1 Post by Forez » 21.10.2020, 00:48

I wish the path would be more clear to read. Because if I go deep into many folders, especially some technical / system ones, I get a clutter of letters and sometimes signs - thus when I want to go up few steps using the path bar by clicking a certain higher folder I have to read them carefully; thus waste time

So for example instead of

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSDesiredStateConfiguration\DSCResources\MSFT_ServiceResource\en-US

I would like to see

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSDesiredStateConfiguration\DSCResources\MSFT_ServiceResource\en-US

assuming that it would me be who would choose the blue color for those signs; or even maybe someting more advenced like

This of course should be an option and not a mandatory setting

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Color for the \ sign in the path bar

#2 Post by Dreamer » 21.10.2020, 21:24

I don't think it looks clearer.

You can move a cursor over the path and the color of whole subfolder is changed.

Perhaps it would be clearer as in Windows Explorer, extra spaces and ">" sign between the subfolders, as alternative option.

Or show 1st subfolder with default color, 2nd with alternate color, 3rd with default, 4th with alternate and so on, similar to Stripe in Details view.