FC affects system when deleting files

Bugs and issues.
CabbageTree

FC affects system when deleting files

#1 Post by CabbageTree » 15.08.2017, 15:50

Hi there,

When deleting large amount of files (does not matter whether using Queue or not), the main FC windows does not respond to anything until the deleting operation is paused or finished. The whole system behaves semi-responsively (Alt + Tab does not work, I cannot type anything on web browser [latest Vivaldi] and other programs).

Thanks & take care

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: FC affects system when deleting files

#2 Post by Dreamer » 15.08.2017, 22:34

Hello,

few questions and some basic forum rules, hints...

- Which option are you using for delete? (Settings (F12) > File/folder operations > General > Delete) - "use windows" or "use freecommander? Please try to switch it.
- If you're using "use freecommander" option, try to use option "use vista+ delete method" in the Delete dialog. *

• Make sure you use the latest version of FreeCommander.
• Report the FreeCommander version and operating system. E.g. "FreeCommander XE 2014 Build 650, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit".
• Try to reproduce a bug with default settings and without plugins. To do this use these command line parameters (your old setting files will be preserved):

/N /NewIni=FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English

EDIT:

* Note, it looks there's a bug, this option doesn't work in the latest version 753 64-bit donor. You can use versions 747 64bit donor or 740 32bit public, it works good in these versions.

CabbageTree

#3 Post by CabbageTree » 16.08.2017, 09:09

Hi Dreamer,

Sorry for my indispipline. I will keep this in mind in my future reports…
  • FreeCommander ]XE 2017 Build 753 64-bit donor
  • WIN 10 Home, latest
  • (Settings (F12) > File/folder operations > General > Delete) = "use freecommander"

About you command-line advice: I am not sure how to perform it (I assume, that the Ctrl + D is not the right way). I will find out and try afterwards.

Thank you

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 16.08.2017, 19:22

Since there's a bug in the latest version 753, please wait for the bug fix, or downgrade (to 747) and use option "use vista+ delete method" in the Delete dialog, to display this dialog you might need to:

- open Define keyboard shortcuts (main menu > tools)
- select "Delete to recycle bin (FC)
- assign a custom shortcut as a "New shortcut"
- click "Assign" button and OK button.
- then select any file and click the assigned shortcut
- enable the option ""use vista+ delete method""