Unwanted multiple folders access

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Unwanted multiple folders access

#1 Post by Forez » 23.04.2016, 13:44

Here are files for my damaged settings: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=023 ... 9719963373

What they do is make FreeCommander access at the same time dozens [if not hundreds] of folders at the same time, which can be clearly seen in Resource Monitor in the Disk tab. As a result the hard drive makes much noise and the work on it slows down. But this happens only to the drive to which an active tab in the active window leads. So I can have every drive opened in even many tabs, but only the active tab will send to FC an order to access folders on that drive [without apparent pattern]. An the minute I switch to anther drive, that old one stops searching / accessing and the new one starts doing so

I'm running on a Windows 7 x64. This bug happened somewhere along the way and I noticed it only when I was doing some search and transfers tests of my drives. I could be that my extensive system update had something to do with it

What is important is this bug disappear the moment I restore earlier settings. And it comes back immediately when I load those damaged settings from the link. It was happening on 665 Beta version and is happening on 715 32-bit version of FreeCommander. I also had a confirmation of this bug happening from another person that I send those settings to

Unfortunately it seems that after a couple of days of working with old good settings, the bug has returned one again [and disappeared when I restored the same settings once again]

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Unwanted multiple folders access

#2 Post by Marek » 26.04.2016, 21:30

Not to reproduce for me.

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 26.04.2016, 23:19

Marek wrote:Not to reproduce for me.
I've downloaded that config of mine from Internet and restored settings from it: the unwanted access / reading of folders was immediately back

I restored settings that I saves a moment before implementing those bugged one: the drives stopped this nonsense "work"

Can anyone else report such a behavior?

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 27.04.2016, 00:52

Alt+F9 (show folders size) active?

Edit: I just downloaded and tested the settings and yes, folders size is active. Just deactivate that (hit Alt+F9 again) as you don't use Details view anyway. Not a bug!

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 27.04.2016, 14:19

joby_toss wrote:Alt+F9 (show folders size) active?

Edit: I just downloaded and tested the settings and yes, folders size is active. Just deactivate that (hit Alt+F9 again) as you don't use Details view anyway. Not a bug!
That seems to be the issue

But: as it comes out I had the ALT + F9 option turned on, then why I don't have the "KB" icon pushed [turned on] that is sitting on my windows split bar? With those settings I have to press ALT + F9 to turn it off and then again ALT + F9 to turn it back on to see the "KB" icon activated. It should be activated already [and then I would not make this post because that's why I putted that icon there]

And also, why Marek after loading up those settings didn't have to pres ALT + F9? From what he wrote it seems his FreeCommander had ALT + F9 inactivated, unlike ours

joby_toss

#6 Post by joby_toss » 27.04.2016, 18:42

Try changing Group index value to 0 and see if it still happens:

Marek
Author
Author

#7 Post by Marek » 27.04.2016, 21:12

Group index 7 is OK.
Bug fixed: Checked state is initial not visible on splitter button

Forez

#8 Post by Forez » 05.05.2016, 00:32

Marek wrote:Group index 7 is OK.
Bug fixed: Checked state is initial not visible on splitter button
I'm glad, that I could make this tiny contribution to making FreeCommander a better software