Column name being reset back to default value

Bugs and issues.
Diamond

Column name being reset back to default value

#1 Post by Diamond » 03.08.2014, 17:08

I get tired of hearing my screen reader say "Size Auto" so I renamed the size column in the default profile to just "Size". This works, but after a while the column header is reset and starts displaying "Size Auto" again even though in the INI file it still shows
2col_Name=Size
I'm not sure what specific action causes the column name to be reset. If I restart FreeCommander, it displays the correct value from the INI file again, but eventually it is always reset to the default "Size Auto". I am running Windows 7 64 bit Pro and FreeCommander XE 2014 Build 665.
Thanks and regards.

alf5000

Re: Column name being reset back to default value

#2 Post by alf5000 » 03.08.2014, 20:21

interesting how people use FCXE!
I tried your customization.

I can confirm the behavior. And I found a reliable trigger: Ctrl+b (plain view)
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

Diamond

#3 Post by Diamond » 03.08.2014, 20:36

Glad to hear that you found something that reproduces the behavior consistently so I know it's not just me. Although I believe the trigger is something more general since I never use that command. I suspect anything that causes a refresh will eventually trigger the behavior.

ElliP5i509

#4 Post by ElliP5i509 » 17.08.2014, 01:59

Same build, but only tested the OP's customization on two x64 Home Premium systems... and couldn't replicate the error normally.

However, I did discover that Ctrl+B can screw up a lot of customized profiles if you manually adjust to "Size" (in the Windows section of the column details)--or maybe anything other than what you've consistently stipulated in the custom profiles--beforehand.

In swapping to the Size option manually, I don't get anything showing me Size Auto (ever) when pressing Ctrl+B, so it always remains when I go back and forth. But when I try to reload one of many customized profile settings--all of which utilize Size kB, the Size column remains even though I never add it as a custom profile. I always need to return to the normal view, re-establish the appropriate column type, i.e., kB display in my case, and shift the order; afterwards, all custom profiles act normally again even when I toggle between normal and plain view.