JPGs on connected phone open in wrong app

Bugs and issues.
tenbob

JPGs on connected phone open in wrong app

#1 Post by tenbob » 09.12.2020, 18:01

Hi. My Android phone is connected to my PC via USB. When I navigate to the pictures folder of the phone and double click an item, it opens in the wrong viewer.

I want to use IrfanView for all my pictures. I have set this as the default in Windows for all image files. In FreeCommander XE the files are displayed correctly with the icon for IrfanView. Yet when I double click them they open in Windows Photo Viewer instead. This only happens with folders that are on my phone. With folders on my PC the pictures open correctly in IrfanView.

I have tried to change this under "Settings > Programs", but whatever I did made no difference.

I think this is what is happening. There are two different options for an image file - "Open" and "Preview". You can see these in the right-click context menu. When you select "Open" the file opens correctly in IrfanView. When you select preview the file opens in the wrong application, Windows Photo Viewer. I can't see how to change this behaviour. For some reason the default action in some folders is "Open". In other folders the default action is "Preview". I don't know how to change this either.

Can anyone help please.

I am using FreeCommander XE 2020 Build 810a 32-bit public on Windows 7 Pro

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: JPGs on connected phone open in wrong app

#2 Post by Dreamer » 09.12.2020, 19:20

tenbob wrote: 09.12.2020, 18:01I have tried to change this under "Settings > Programs", but whatever I did made no difference.
Do you tried to change it in Settings > Programs > Default action - and is the checkbox for the program checked?