Cannot drag tabs between Panels anymore - unless...

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Cannot drag tabs between Panels anymore - unless...

#1 Post by Forez » 19.07.2020, 18:38

After updating to version 810a 32-bit public from 770 32-bit public, I am unable to drag tabs to the other panel. I can still move them around within the same Panel, thus re-arraging tabs in it - but nothing happens if I drag it all the way to the other side

That is unless: while having a tab grabbed I first move the pointer with that tabs within the Panel it is residing- because then the ability to move to the other Panel unlocks itself. And that was not working in such way on the older version as it was unconditional

And yes, I have the box for

Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Allow tab dragging

in the selected mode; and it does not matter if the tab is locked or not

Timon

Re: Cannot rag tabs between Panels anymore - unless...

#2 Post by Timon » 19.07.2020, 19:32

Don't know if it worked in previous versions, but confirmed in FC XE 824 donor 32-bit

Can't drag tabs to the other panel. Tools > Settings > View > Folder Tabs > Tab Management > Allow tab dragging - is switched ON.

The only thing that can be done - right mouse click on tab -> Move tab to another panel

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 19.07.2020, 22:36

Confirmed with 824, but if I drag it a bit within the same panel, then move it to the other panel, tam is moved to other panel, but it's a wrong tab, the tab which was last active before the active tab. When I start dragging the tab, another tab - last active is focused and this tab is moved to other panel.

I'm trying to move not locked tab and the other tabs are locked, with name hidden ("-").

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Cannot drag tabs between Panels anymore - unless...

#4 Post by Marek » 19.07.2020, 23:18

- Start FC 810a with default settings
- on the left and right is one tab with Desktop
- create new tab on the right site with c:\temp
- I can drag the tab with c:\temp to other site without problem

The same way works fine in the current 824.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 20.07.2020, 18:46

I can reproduce this with default settings in 824:

- enable the tab option "With click on the active tab - change to the last active"
- desktop tab is on both panels
- middle click to C drive to open C: tab on the left panel
- now drag&drop C: tab to the right panel
= desktop tab is copied to right panel instead!

- now disable the tab option "With click on the active tab - change to the last active"
- create desktop tab for both panels, close others
- middle click to C drive to open C: tab on the left panel
- now drag&drop C: tab to the right panel
= it doesn't work at all

Next time it doesn't work at all, also with default settings, even when I deleted all files in TestSettings folder! Using these parameters:

/N /NewIni=%FcSrcDrive%\Programs\!Misc\Settings\FreeCommander\TestSettings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /ShowHidden /Lng=English /size=800x600

To reproduce, just try to press F12 and Enter.

I tried to test it with the fresh portable copy, all settings deleted, still the same, it looks, that if it's broken once, it will stay broken.

Anyway, when I drag the tab C: first left, to left panel Desktop tab, then drag it to right panel, it works, but tab is copied to right panel.

Marek
Author
Author

#6 Post by Marek » 21.07.2020, 20:01

= desktop tab is copied to right panel instead!
I think, it is another problem.

Drag&drop works always for me.
Please try hold down the left mouse button a bit longer (ca. 800 ms) and then move the mouse.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#7 Post by Dreamer » 21.07.2020, 21:48

OK, when I hold the left button for 1 sec., it works, but the tab is copied always (is it correct?) and I can reproduce the first issue with the optio "With click on the active tab - change to the last active", wrong tab is copied, always, with default settings.

Marek
Author
Author

#8 Post by Marek » 21.07.2020, 22:14

Yes, the tab is copied.
This is fixed for the next release:

Code: Select all

Bug fix: Tabs drag&drop - always active tab is dropped if the option "With click on the active tab - change to the last active" is active

Dreamer
Site Admin

#9 Post by Dreamer » 22.07.2020, 18:12

Thanks, perhaps there could be the option to change the delay time in ms.

New similar bug, when using the option "With click on the active tab - change to the last active":

- create 4 tabs on the left panel
- click to 4th tab
- click to 1st tab
- now drag the 1st tab next to 2nd, between 2nd and 3rd tab
= 1st tab is not moved, 4th tab is moved to that position instead

Dreamer
Site Admin

#10 Post by Dreamer » 25.07.2020, 23:01

OK, issues I could reproduce are fixed in 825, thanks, Marek.

Anyway, tabs are always copied to other panel, so it's not a bug, right? Perhaps the option to move tab could be added. When I drag&drop within the same panel, tab is moved, but when I drag to another panel, it's copied, it's different behavior.

Forez

#11 Post by Forez » 15.10.2020, 21:22

The problem persists in 830 32-bit beta: I can only copy pinned down Tabs to other Panel when I first grab them and without releasing them move them around in the first [current host] Panel. And there is this delay that passes between moving an empty mouse poointer until it changes into a pointer with a grabbed Tab. An it a proces of coping and moving, as the Tab also stays in the original Panel

Dreamer
Site Admin

#12 Post by Dreamer » 15.10.2020, 23:21

I had this problem, but you don't have to move the tab to same panel, just you have to click and hold it for a second (+-) and then drag it directly to other panel.

I think it's to prevent accidental drags when just clicking / activating tab, but it works different as in other programs. We must click and wait, then drag, so it's a feature, which is a bit strange, but I'm not sure if it's possible to change it, so that we could click, drag - then wait - and drop, it would be more intuitive.

Forez

#13 Post by Forez » 10.12.2020, 19:56

Dreamer wrote: 15.10.2020, 23:21 I had this problem,
And it somehow went away?
Dreamer wrote: 15.10.2020, 23:21
but you don't have to move the tab to same panel, just you have to click and hold it for a second (+-) and then drag it directly to other panel.
That is correct

That helps, thank you
Dreamer wrote: 15.10.2020, 23:21 I think it's to prevent accidental drags when just clicking / activating tab, but it works different as in other programs. We must click and wait, then drag, so it's a feature, which is a bit strange,
I would like to hear what Marek has to say about this
Dreamer wrote: 15.10.2020, 23:21 but I'm not sure if it's possible to change it, so that we could click, drag - then wait - and drop, it would be more intuitive.
I think that any kind of waiting in regards to this is just annoying waiting. If this is a fail-safe implemented on purpose then it should be left like so by default - but also be configurable to the desires of a given user. After all in Windows you can set up the amount of milliseconds considering clicking with pointer, so it would not be a completely-over-the-top-function