Mouse Wheel Scroll - Still an issue?

Discussion, questions and support.
estochin

Mouse Wheel Scroll - Still an issue?

#1 Post by estochin » 07.11.2014, 17:55

Good Morning -

Any help would be appreciated.

I use a dual horizontal pane set up with a tree at the left in each window.
The mouse wheel scrolls one line at a time in the Tree but SEVERAL lines at a time in the Active Pane showing all the folders.

There was talk of modifying the .ini file but this has no effect.

It's almost a deal breaker... as I 'scroll' through 100's of mp3 files, I need to scroll one line at a time... not 7 lines at a time.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

joby_toss

Re: Mouse Wheel Scroll - Still an issue?

#2 Post by joby_toss » 07.11.2014, 19:43

As far as I can see, the default scrolling lines number is 6.

If you use FileListMouseWheelScrollMultiplier=x in the [Form] section of the FreeCommander.ini file, you'll multiply the default number (6). If you use x=2, you'll get 12 lines scrolled on 1 wheel rotation (3 for 18, etc.) so you can accelerate the scrolling speed, but not decelerate the default (6 lines) one.

I find the current scrolling speed more than adequate, but I see more and more users that need it reduced.
Maybe Marek could reduce the default value and add the multiplier setting into the GUI.

If I may suggest a workaround: use X-Mouse Button Control (a portable version is available, so no need for an installation... and it's truly a great app).
Add a new profile only for freecommander.exe process.
I used these settings and got the effect you want:

Zorkoff

#3 Post by Zorkoff » 07.11.2014, 21:29

I posted about this bug last January (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5622#p17434)

Notice that the number of lines scrolled in the list pane will change based on the operating system. So this is not a number hard coded into FreeCommanderXE.

I would also like to see this fixed so that - 1 click = 1 line - everywhere. Let me adjust my mouse software if I want something different!

estochin

#4 Post by estochin » 07.11.2014, 21:50

Thanks for the quick reply - I appreciate it.

I'm fooling with X-Mouse Button Control and it may do the trick.
Using your suggested settings, I am able to scroll 2 lines per click... 1 line per click would be perfect.

I'll keep fooling with X-Mouse Button Control's settings and post if I find the ever illusive 1 line per click setting so many of us are looking for.