Laggy scrolling on detail list

Discussion, questions and support.
homersimpsonmeingmx

Laggy scrolling on detail list

#1 Post by homersimpsonmeingmx » 28.01.2020, 20:58

Hello,

I'm observing a laggy interface when scrolling a long list (~2000 files).
With laggy I mean that, when sliding the scrollbar, it doesn't remain under the mouse, but moves behind the pointer itself.

I downloaded a fresh portable of the latest version (810) and tried with default options.
I'm running Win10 1903.

I tried with other 6 File managers (including windows explorer) but I could not observe anything similar (all of them were similarly fast).

Regards, Marco

Emmortal

Re: Laggy scrolling on detail list

#2 Post by Emmortal » 17.05.2020, 17:18

I've been having this same issue for a long time, but only on one computer that I use Freecommander on (out of 3), and I think I might have finally traced it to DisplayFusion which is only running on the PC I've been having the problem with, which also happens to be the most powerful PC I own by far, which is why this really didn't make a lot of sense.

If you're using DisplayFusion, try exiting it and see if the issue persists. If it does, you can re-launch DF, go into the advanced settings and disable application hooks. That seems to have mostly solved it for me. There's still a very small amount of lag when scrolling quickly down long lists of files, but MUCH better than it was.

Unfortunately if you're not using DisplayFusion this won't be much help.