Custom folders in custom action bars

Discussion, questions and support.
doman18

Custom folders in custom action bars

#1 Post by doman18 » 23.03.2017, 10:06

Hello everybody.
One of the most basic feature i demand from file manager is ability to create custom shortcuts to folders in action bars. In old version which i used for long time it was very easy and straightforward so i could set it up just after few minutes after first installation

A and B fields was very clear to me.

In XE version I struggle to find any way to do the same. I added my custom actionbar and added some folders like Desltp, My Computer, My Documents.

Then i tried to figure out how to add my own folders. I saw Favourites secion in actions panel so i went to Favorite Folders menu first, added some folders and then came back to actions panel to add Favourite 01, Favourite 02, because i thought those are order numbers from Favourite menu. But added Favourite 01 button is empty.

So:
1. How to add simple shortcut to folder in custom actionbar? I mean d:\myfolder as example?
2. Why it became so complicated and unobvoius? Why not just leave it as it was before?

ralfso

Re: Custom folders in custom action bars

#2 Post by ralfso » 23.03.2017, 13:31

You have to use a "Favorite tool toolbar" instead of an "Actions toolbar".
http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... olbar.html

The favorite tools toolbar contains all toolbars defined in the menu item "Tools → Favorite tools".
Each favorite toolbar contains icons for program favorites and/or folder favorites.
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545

doman18

Re: Custom folders in custom action bars

#3 Post by doman18 » 24.03.2017, 10:14

Ok, thanks. But it really not obvious to find this feature.