send to mail recipient

Discussion, questions and support.
asbaker47

send to mail recipient

#1 Post by asbaker47 » 29.01.2015, 16:52

Is there a keyboard short cut or a way to put this command as a button on a toolbar? I cannot find a menu for sending as email, just a right click menu.

Right now there are 3-4 steps:
Right click
click on Send to
click on Mail recipient
(then click on taskbar to complete the email)

(OK I'm lazy but I do that dozens of times a day. One program I have has a button to "email" and Word2000 lets me create a macro for the sequence alt file sendto mail recipient. And, NO, I don't want an external program. BTW I use Windows Live Mail on all versions of Windows from Vista through 8.1)

TIA
Lynn

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: send to mail recipient

#2 Post by Dreamer » 29.01.2015, 19:15

Toolbar button or/and keyboard shortcut would be nice, currently it's missing.

I found a workaround, but it doesn't work perfect, perhaps I found some bugs (I'll report them separately):

- right click on the favorite toolbar and select "Customize fav. toolbars"
- create new item
- select your email client in Program or folder
- type %ActivSel% within the Parameter field
- enable Show in - Toolbar option
- select a Hotkey too, if needed (Ctrl+0 - Ctrl+9 are available)

I tested this with Thunderbird, it works clicking the toolbar, shortcut and drag&drop the file to fav. tollbar button, Write new mail dialog is opened and the focused item is added to Attachment list field.

However, multiple selected files are not working, only the first file is added, perhaps there's some workaround, but the same way it works good with mp3 files and Aimp player. I'm still testing and I'll report the findings in the bug forum.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 29.01.2015, 20:49

asbaker47 wrote:And, NO, I don't want an external program.

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss » 29.01.2015, 22:00

I thought he meant no other mail client, sorry!
As far as I know, there is no command line switch to attach a file from command prompt in Windows Live Mail (some security limitation, I guess). I got only so far:

asbaker47

#6 Post by asbaker47 » 30.01.2015, 02:42

Sorry, it did not work for me in Windows Live Mail (Vista 64 bit laptop). It did open my email client but did not create a new email nor did it attach the item I had clicked on in FC. Thanks for trying. :cry:

Dreamer wrote:Toolbar button or/and keyboard shortcut would be nice, currently it's missing.

I found a workaround, but it doesn't work perfect, perhaps I found some bugs (I'll report them separately):

- right click on the favorite toolbar and select "Customize fav. toolbars"
- create new item
- select your email client in Program or folder
- type %ActivSel% within the Parameter field
- enable Show in - Toolbar option
- select a Hotkey too, if needed (Ctrl+0 - Ctrl+9 are available)

I tested this with Thunderbird, it works clicking the toolbar, shortcut and drag&drop the file to fav. tollbar button, Write new mail dialog is opened and the focused item is added to Attachment list field.

However, multiple selected files are not working, only the first file is added, perhaps there's some workaround, but the same way it works good with mp3 files and Aimp player. I'm still testing and I'll report the findings in the bug forum.
Lynn